Port Jervis is where New York, New Jersey, the Delaware and Philadelphia meet. The small city is home to close to 9,000 people and a lot of attractions that you can explore on a bus charter in Port Jervis.
See the a city attractions with a bus charter in Port Jervis.
A bus charter in Port Jervis can take you back in time when the city was both a manufacturing and transportation hub. Or it could help you discover the events, festivals, and attractions in the city.
Where should you go?
- Port Jervis Fire Museum (Port Jervis, NY 12771). The museum was opened in 2007 and is housed in an old fire station. Here, you could see artifacts and memorabilia about fire fighting and other stuff.
- Gillinder Glass. One of the oldest businesses in the city, Gillinder Glass has been open since 1861. You can tour the facility and see how glass is made.
- Tri-States Railway Preservation Society. A museum where you can see exhibits on and photos of the Erie Railroad.
- The Erie Depot. The Erie Railroad Station, which was once the busiest passenger station in the area. You could admire the Queen Anne architecture here or shop at one of the local stores inside.
- Erie Turntable. This is where you could find Erie trains on display.
- Port Jervis Free Library. Opened in 1835, the library was built with the financial backing of Andrew Carnegie and land from Peter Farnum. Today, the library has books for everyone and also hosts events for the community.
- Fort Decker. Fort Decker is located in a 1760 stone house. Fort Decker currently serves as the Minisink Valley Historical Society's museum where you could find exhibits on the history of the entire Minisink Region.
- The Crane House. The former home of noted Judge William Crane is worth the visit. This is also where Stephen Crane wrote his best works, which includes "The Red Badge of Courage".
- Revered Sculpture. The Revered Scuplture was installed in 2010 as part of the city's Art Council Open Studio weekend, but is fast becoming a well known landmark. The sculpture was created by Eric Stein.
Parks and monuments. Port Jervis has several parks that can help you enjoy the beautiful outdoors here. Check out:
- Church Street Park, where the kids could have fun on the playground. you could also play basketball, tennis, racquetball here, as well as have a picnic.
- Farnum St. Park, where you could play basketball and other sports. The park also has a playground for the kids and a band stand.
- Riverside Park has a roller hockey rink, a playground, basketball courts, skateboard park, a bandstand, ball fields, walking paths and picnic areas.
- West End Beach is where you could go swimming, boating, and fishing. You could also play basketball and volleyball here.
More than the outdoor activities, parks also have several historic monuments that you should see:
Veterans' Park has the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, which commemorates the Civil War veterans. While Skinner's Park serves to honor the armed forces.
The Park Avenue Observatory was constructed in 1933 gives you astounding views of the city, the mountains of New Jersey and Matamoras in Philadelphia. You should also see the Tri-States Monument. The monuments is located inside the Laurel Grove Cemetery. This is a unique place where you could be in three different states: Philadelphia, New York and New Jersey at the same time.
Shopping and dining. The city's biggest shopping attraction is the Christkindlmarkt, which is a German Christmas market that opens every December. You could find more than 50 sellers here and buy unique gifts and treats. Live music and entertainment are also available for visitors to enjoy.
Be sure to try out the city's best food places as well:
- Arlene & Tom's Restaurant
- Bagel Station Deli
- Gio's Gelato
- Hess Store
- Len & Jo's
- Muller's Port Jervis Diner
- Port Jervis Pizza
- Riverside Creamery
- Texas Lunch
- The Erie Restaurant
So get on a charter bus in Port Jervis, NY and see all of these places!
If you need a bus charter in Port Jervis, do not hesitate to call us. We have customer service representatives to assist you with your transportation needs.