A bus rental and charter in Peekskill, New York will drive you around the city.
The city wanted to revitalize its downtown area, and the way to do that for Peekskill was to sponsor artists to live in the area and stimulate growth. So you have both a vibrant arts scene in the city and a lively downtown.
So what does a perfect trip to Peekskill look like? It should be on a bus rental and charter in Peekskill and it should include all of these places and activities:
- Check out the 19th century structures that are still present in the downtown area and in Fort Hill. Admire the architecture and learn more about these buildings.
- Go kayaking on the Hudson River.
- Visit the Birdsall House Plaque. The Birdsall House was one of General George Washington's headquarters, but it was demolished in the 1850s. In its place, you would find the plaque, which was erected in 1931.
- Lincoln Exedra. Another plaque that marks the visit of President Abraham Lincoln here.
- Ride the M/V Commander. Sail from the Riverfront Green on a historic boat every last Saturday of each month at 12:30. You will be regaled by the narrations and stories you will hear on board.
- Catch a seminar at the National Maritime Historical Society.
- Watch live performances, movies, educational programs, and attend art exhibits at the Paramount Center for the Arts.
- Learn more about Peekskill's history at the Peekskill Museum. The museum has several memorabilia and artifacts such as tools from the city's old foundries, items from the Civil War, old clothing and furnishings. You would also love the architecture here as it is located in the Herrick House. Be sure to have a selfie near the cannon on the lawn.
- Check out the Artists' District. See if there are any open studios during your visit here, and attend one.
- Go to the Farmers' Market, which is held every Saturday from June to October, 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. A variety of vendors are located on Bank Street between Main and Park Streets.
- See the Antique and Treasures Market, held every Sunday from May through November.
- Attend the sporting events at Peekskill Celebration. In September, you can catch the Peekskill Celebration where you could watch events like 12K races, dragon boat races, softball games and awesome fireworks display at the Riverfront Green Park.
- See the exhibits at the Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art. The HVCCA supports the local artist and regularly hosts exhibits featuring new works by local artists.
Outdoors and Recreation. Aside from these attractions, Peekskill is also a haven for those who cannot get enough of the outdoors.
Go to Riverfront Green, where you could watch the Hudson in all its glory, have a picnic, and play at the playground. This is also the site of many events. You can also go to Fleishmann's Pier at the Charles Point Pier Park for more river watching and more picnics.
Furthermore, you could go to Annsville Preserve Park, which is a new park where you can walk along several trails, go crabbing or just relax while admiring the Hudson River. Then, for those who are physically active, Depew Park will not disappoint you with its sports stadium, athletic fields, track, pools, complex, tennis courts, basketball courts, bocci courts, and a playground for the kiddies. You can also go fishing in the lake and hike the trails.
If you want to watch a baseball game, head out to the Peekskill Stadium, which is home to the Peekskill Robins baseball team.
Lastly, there is the Blue Mountain Reservation. Spanning 1,600 acres, the reservation has more than 15 miles of hiking trails. You could bike here, and it is a great place to see deer, wild turkeys, squirrels and other animals. There are playgrounds for the kids and picnic facilities for families.
Dining. If you are in the city to eat, then you have made the right choice. Peekskill has great restaurants, including:
- Birdsall House
- Dinardo's Trattoria
- Nonna's Brick Oven Pizzeria & Restaurant
- NY Firehouse Grille
- Peekskill Brewery
- Ramenesque (Peekskill, NY 10566)
- Ruchi Indian Cuisine
- The Branding Iron
So be sure to get on a bus rental and charter in Peekskill and enjoy these places. Call us today!
It is so easy to start, just get a free online quote from BusRental.com!