Chemung County's seat, Elmira, is home to more than 29,000 people. The place holds a special meaning to several notable figures, including John Jones, Tommy Hilfiger, Ernie Davis and Mark Twain. It is located near the Pennsylvania border and offers a lot of things for its visitors to do. So get on a bus charter in Elmira, New York and explore the city's history and other attractions.
Plan a great vacation with a 56-passenger bus charter in Elmira, NY
Let us pretend that you only have one day to spend in the city, where do you go and what do you do?
Well first things first, get a bus charter in Elmira, NY to make sure that you can comfortably tour the city without wasting any time. Then head out to these places:
- Chemung Valley History Museum (Elmira, NY 14901), where you could learn about the history of the entire southern New York region as well as of the northern region of neighboring Pennsylvania. The museum has over 18,000 artifacts that tell the story of the Civil War, social history, and daily life.
- Elmira Drive-In (Elmira, NY 14903), where there are two screens that show the best movies. The main screen, measuring 50 ft. x 100 ft. is one of the largest in the state.
- Harris Hill Park offers you the chance to ride a glider, or to visit the amusement park and driving range. You could also go to the National Soaring Museum, which is very near the park.
- Tanglewood Community Nature Center and Museum, where you could hike in one of its trails and see wildlife, insects, plants and birds. The center also maintains a museum where you could find permanent exhibits on local animals.
If you have more time, then well and good because you get to experience more of what the city has to offer. This would give you more time to visit:
- Elmira College
- The Arnot Art Museum
- The Clemens Center where you could catch a concert, music events and theater performances.
- The Dunn Field baseball stadium where the Elmira Pioneers play.
- The Eldridge Park Carousel, which was restored in May 2006. The carousel is the fastest in the entire world.
- The First Arena, which is home of the Elmira Jackals.
You should also go on a Mark Twain themed tour, and this would include the Woodlawn Cemetery where Mark Twain is buried, as well as the Mark Twain Study. Located inside the campus of Elmira College, this is where Mark Twain wrote part of several books, including A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
Food! A visit to Elmira is not complete without eating hot dogs at M & M RedHots. Be sure to get a hot dog with everything on it. The diner also offers a full menu and is not open on weekends. Other restaurants in the city that you should try out include:
- Bistro 223
- Charlie's Café (Elmira, NY 14905)
- Elbow Room
- Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
- Green Derby Inc
- Hill Top Inn
- Horigan's Tavern
- Moretti's Restaurant
- Soup's On Café
- Vincenzo's Pizzeria
A bus charter in Elmira is the best transportation option for groups. Contact BusRental.com online or call us.
A bus charter in Elmira, New York can help you see the city and enjoy everything it has to offer. Get one today from BusRental.com.