Cohoes is home to more than 16,000 people and it is a great day trip destination if you are looking for something different. So get on a charter bus in Cohoes, New York and check out the city!
Experience comfort and convenience with a charter bus in Cohoes, New York.
A charter bus in Cohoes, NY is simply the best way to get around. You can use it to tour the city and enjoy everything it has to offer. You will never have to worry about how to get around. You do not even have to worry if it would get too hot or too cold.
Cohoes has a lot of great sites to visit. For a bit of history, nothing compares to visiting the city's many historic places, including:
- Downtown Historic District, which has more than 160 contributing properties that dates back to the 1820s to the 1930s. It is also Cohoes' business district and has a lot of churches and commercial establishments. You should also admire the area's architecture, which ranges from Art Modern to Federal.
- Harmony Mills Historic District, which is an industrial area that is near the Mohawk River, a part of which was converted into high-end residences.
- The Cohoes Music Hall has a Second Empire design and was built in the 1870s. Today it is the venue of a lot of performances, making it one of the oldest music halls in operation.
- Van Schaick Mansion was built around the 1730s. It has a rich military history, having been the headquarters of several English generals, as well as Generals Gates, Schuyler, St. Clair, Poor and other officers of the American Revolution. The mansion also hosts a Blue Star museum, which means it provides free access to military personnel and their families.
- Delaware & Hudson Freight House.
- Enlarged Erie Canal Sites Historic District.
- Fonda House.
- Godfrey Farmhouse.
- J. Leonard Lackman House.
- Olmstead Street Historic District.
- William J. Dickey House.
Parks. Cohoes is home to several awesome outdoor attractions. You simply cannot leave the city without first going to Overlook Park, where you can get the best views of the Cohoes Falls. The park is a great place for afternoon picnics too.
Another park you could go to is Falls View Park, which was recently renovated and which also offers a great view of the Cohoes Falls. Other parks you could visit include:
- George St. Park
- Sunset Park
- Van Schairck Park
- West End Park
Van Schaick Island Country Club offers golfers of all levels a challenging round of golf.
Dining. Cohoes, NY 12047 is home to great restaurants such as:
- Black Cat Ale House
- Dom's Pizza Subs & Wings
- Guptill's Coney Express
- Hometowne Pizzeria
- Hot Dog Charlie's
- Joe's Tavern
- LePage's Market
- Mick's Pizza
- Pig Pit BBQ
- Pop's Pizza
- Smith's Restaurant of Cohoes
- Uncle John Diner
Get a free online quote for a charter bus in Cohoes from our site or just call us.
So what are you waiting for? Get on a charter bus in Cohoes, NY and have some relaxing trip to and around the city! We guarantee that you would not want your bus trips to end! Just call BusRental.com at 1-866-569-2012 and talk to us about your trip and how we could make it more memorable for you!