The seat of Ontario County, Canandaigua is home to more than 10,500 people. The name comes from the Senecan language and it means "the chosen town." For many reasons, you should get on a bus charter in Canandaigua and visit the city.
A bus charter in Canandaigua, New York is the perfect transportation option.
With a bus charter in Canandaigua, you can see or visit the city's attractions.
Check out the Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park (Canandaigua, NY 14424). Spanning around 52 acres, the mansion here was built in 1887 and was the summer home of prominent banker Frederick Ferris Thompson. It features a Queen Anne architecture and was designed by Francis Allen.
But what makes this place really memorable is the variety of gardens and buildings that surround it, including:
- The Conservatory, which is a greenhouse that has a Palm House, orchids, tropical plants and cacti.
- Sub Rosa Garden, which is a garden without flowers and where you can see a marble fountain complex featuring Zeus, Apollo and Artemis.
- Rose Garden, with more than 2,500 rose bushes in a variety of colors.
- Blue & White Garden, where you could find only blue and white flowers surrounding a Zelkova japonica tree.
- Moonlight Garden, where you could find lovely white flowers that fill the air with their fragrance.
- Old-Fashioned Garden, which has a five circle pattern.
- Japanese Garden
- Italian Garden
- Pansy Garden
- Rock Garden
There are also more than 140 varieties of trees planted on the grounds!
Every August, the New York Steam Engine Association hosts the Pageant of Steam. This festival showcases antique farm equipment. The good news is that most of these equipment are still working and there are people who will demonstrate how to use it. You can also check out the flea market that is open during the festival.
The city also has a variety of parks where you can do some outdoor activities. Check out:
- Baker Park, where you get several athletic fields, jogging paths, play structures and equipment. You could also go cross-country skiing here during the winter or have a picnic during summer.
- City Pier has a great view of Canandaigua Lake. You could also fish here.
- Jefferson Park spans 8 acres and has a lit gamefield and play equipment.
- Kershaw Park has a beach area, a bathouse, and a launch area for small crafts. There are great picnic pavilions here that you can use and there is a beach area where you could swim.
- Lagoon Park has walking trails and bridges where you could fish and admire the Canandaigua Outlet.
- Sonnenberg Park has a large sports field, softball fields, and picnic area.
- Telyea Tot Lot has great play structures for the little ones.
Further, the city is home to Roseland Waterpark, which is the biggest water park in the Finger Lakes area. The park has facilities for swimming and boating, but you and the kids would love the slides, the water playground and the gigantic wavepool.
Dining. After all of these, you would surely be hungry. Try some of the locals' favorite restaurants:
- Beehive Brew Pub
- Casa De Pasta
- Eric's Office Restaurant
- MacGregor's Grill & Tap Room
- Nolan's On Canandaigua Lake
- Rheinblick German Restaurant
- Rio Tomatlan Restaurant
- Simply Crepes
- The New York Wine & Culinary Center
So get on a bus charter in Canandaigua and tour the city today! Call us or visit BusRental.com.
It is easy to rent a bus charter in Canandaigua! Just get a free online quote today!