Margate City is a city of more than 6,000 people and is located in Atlantic County in New Jersey. The city is a summer haven, and often it is very quiet when it is off-season. The charming city is surrounded by a bay, a beach and Atlantic City. So there is always something fun to do here. That should be enough reason why you should gather your friends and family on a charter bus in Margate City, New Jersey and visit the city!
A day trip into the city is a good way to have a great time. So why not hop on a charter bus in Margate City, New Jersey and do these fun things:
1. Get some water fun! Summer is the best time to visit Margate City. This is the time when many people visit the city, even when there are no hotels around. You can go surfing or kayaking. You can also go hobie cat sailing. You would love the narrower beaches here. Aside from the beaches and swimming, you can also go boating and fishing at the city's numerous bayside docks, marinas and charter boats.
2. Visit Lucy the Elephant. Designated as a National Historic Landmark, Lucy the Elephant is a six-story elephant shaped structure that was built in the 1880s by James V. Lafferty. More than just having your photos taken outside the huge elephant, you can also tour inside, where you can have an awesome view of the city, the Atlantic Ocean and Atlantic City's skyline.
3. Shop and dine. You can visit the Margate Farmers Market to get the freshest local products, fruits and vegetables. The market is open during the summer months. You can also visit Marsini Jewelers for the best pieces of jewelry in the area. You can also check out great artworks at the East End Gallery, and buy the latest fashions at Cameo Water Wear, Envy, Latrice, Jamaican-Me-Crazy, Mari Elena and Talk of the Town.
Looking for a great place to eat in? You can eat at Bella Luna when you visit Lucy the Elephant. Bella Luna has a great menu and beach front dining.
Steve & Cookies by the Bay is one of the most popular dining places here where you can order great seafood and other types of food. Enjoy the live music when you eat here.
Margate City also has several notable Italian restaurants. Check out Lamberti's (Margate City, NJ 08402), Barrels, and Bocca Coal Fired Bistro.
Other places you can go to include:
4. Attend a fun event. Margate City has a roster of great annual events that happen throughout the summer. Check out the Rubber Ducky Race where you could win fabulous prizes, along with several festivals and feasts.
5. Visit the Marven Gardens Historic District. Marven Gardens lies on the border of Ventnor and Margate. If you are a fan on the game, Monopoly, you would be delighted to know that this National Historic Landmark is a yellow property in the game, although it was misspelled as Marvin Gardens. You could find really great houses here and this is where guitarist Seth Justman, boxer Pete Latzo and 2003 Miss New Jersey Jennifer Lynn Farrell grew up.
Remember, there are no hotels in the city, so it is best to get a charter bus in Margate City, New Jersey and have a day tour into the city. You can then go to Atlantic City to get accommodations along with more fun places to explore at night.
Just visit BusRental.com and get your free quote. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-569-2012!