Discover the City’s Historical, Cultural and Recreational Sites with a Bus Rental in Augusta, Maine
Augusta is the capital city of Maine and is Kennebec's county seat, but it is relatively small, with a population of less than 20,000 as of the 2010 census. That makes Augusta one of the smallest state capitals in the country. But despite that, the city has its share of historical, cultural and recreational sites that every visitor should not miss.
Get a bus rental in Augusta, Maine and see these places for yourself.
With a 49-passenger bus rental in Augusta, Maine, you can visit these historical spots:
- Old Fort Western (Augusta, ME 04330), which is the country's oldest wooden fort that is still standing. It is listed as a National Historic Landmark.
- State House, Governor's Mansion and Capital Park, which are beautiful architectural works that comprise the center of state government activities.
- Maine State Museum, which allows you to experience the state's past through its exhibits on social history, natural environment and commercial heritage.
- The Maine Military Historical Society Museum, which is the only museum in the state that is dedicated to its military past.
If you want to see Augusta's cultural heritage, head over to these venues:
- Augusta Civic Center, which is one of the most popular venues for athletic events, concerts, meetings, trade shows, and conventions in Northern New England.
- Children's Discovery Museum, which is an interactive children's museum where you can join science workshops, special family events, and performing arts programs.
- Lithgow Public Library, which helps with the people's educational, professional and recreational needs through certain materials and services.
As for nature and recreational sites, ask your bus rental in Augusta to take you to these spots:
- Pine Tree State Arboretum
- Calumet Playground
- Bicentennial Park
- Capitol Park
- Bond Brook
- Belgrade Lakes Golf Club
- Mill Park
With a bus rental in Augusta, Maine, you can visit all these places and discover so many more.
Call us or visit our official Web site at http://www.BusRental.com to get a free online quote for a bus rental in Augusta, Maine.