Griffin is the seat of Spalding County, Georgia and is home to around 24,000 people. It is also where you could find a campus of the University of Georgia and several attractions for you to discover with a bus charter in Griffin, Georgia.
So get on a bus charter in Griffin, Georgia and do these things while you are on vacation in the city:
1. Visit the Sun City Peachtree. The Sun City Peachtree is a retirement community where you can play golf, get on the indoor walking track at the amenity center, play tennis, swim at indoor and outdoor pools, stroll with Fido at the dog park, or watch the kids play at the playground.
2. Attend some of the great events in the city. The city hosts several exciting events that you can take part in. Some of these events include Kiwanis of Griffin Pancake Day, Mayfling Arts and Crafts Festival, Fourth of July Parade, Atlanta Motor Speedway NASCAR, Doctober Day Downtown Griffin, Veteran's Celebration, Downtown Trick or Treating, Griffin Ballet Presents The Nutcracker, and the Christmas Parade.
3. Visit the Griffin Museum. Located at the Welcome Center, where you could also find the city's chamber of commerce, the Main Street Program, and the city's Economic Development Department, the Griffin Museum allows you to see artifacts that tell about the history of the city. You can also see some memorabilia going as far back as the 1800s. Some of the things you would find here include medical, pharmaceutical and dental equipment, artifacts from the cotton industry, displays from the fire and police departments, and other items pertaining to the city's heritage. You can also go to the Doc Holliday Museum, where you can learn more about the city's legendary son with unpublished photos, documents and books that give you a glimpse of the life of Holliday. Guided tours are available with an appointment.
4. Explore Historic Downtown Griffin. Downtown Griffin has a variety of historical buildings and homes, as well as outstanding restaurants and unique shops.
5. Get more history when you tour the city's historic places. The city has done a fine job of preserving its historically significant buildings. You can get on a bus charter in Griffin, Georgia and visit sites that include homes with historical and architectural significance such as Bailey-Tebault House, Hill-Kurtz House, Hunt House, Mills House, and the Pritchard-Moore-Goodrich House. You can also visit the historical districts in the city, such as the Old Medical College Historical Area and the Griffin Commercial Historic District. Other sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places include Double Cabins, Hawkes Library, Marian Apartments, Mills House and Smokehouse, Old Gaissert Homeplace, Sam Bailey Building, and the Spalding County Courthouse-Spalding County Jail.
Get all the history you want when you ride a bus charter in Griffin, Georgia and start exploring the city today.