Home to around 25,000 people, Carrollton is the seat of Carroll County and is located in the western part of Georgia. It is where you could find the University of West Georgia. Get on a bus rental and charter in Carrollton, Georgia and explore the city today.
A bus rental and charter in Carrollton, Georgia can give you a fun and memorable vacation. It can take you to these great places in the city:
1. The parks. First and foremost is the John Tanner Park, which allows you to go swimming and boating at two lakes. You get 138 acres of space that features campgrounds, a group lodge, group shelters, a playground and a miniature golf course. You can also go to the Little Tallapoosa Park where you have more than 256 acres of space that provide you with 7 miles of natural trails, 2.5 miles of paved multi-use trails, disc golf spaces, campsites, picnic facilities, and a fishing pond. There are other parks here that allow you to enjoy the outdoors, play sports, or just have a relaxing picnic. Check out Bankers Park, Castle Playground, Lake Carroll Park, Memorial Park, Oil Park, Optimist Park, and Safari Park, among others.
2. Cotton Mill Farmers Market. Do check out this farmers market, which is open from April right up to the autumn months. You can find several farms selling their produce, fruits, vegetables, and other food products here.
3. Carrollton Cultural Arts Center. This is a premier performing arts facility that has more than 260 seats. There are also classrooms and galleries here.
4. Horton's Books and Gifts. If you love books and history, then this is where you should be. Horton's Books and Gifts is the oldest bookstore in the state and is the tenth oldest in the country. You can find used, rare, and new books here.
5. Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum. This museum gives you galleries and programs that tell you about the history of quilts and textiles, as well as the preservation of the same.
6. The Welcome Farm. If you love horses, you will love it here. They have riding lessons and horse boarding services, or you can stay in the well-appointed guest house.
7. The Amp Amphitheater. This is where a lot of musical concerts, film showings, performances and other events are held.
8. Downtown Carrollton. Take time to explore the city's historic downtown area. There are several yearly events held here, including MayFest, Taste of Carrollton, Fall Festival, Lighting of Adamson Square, and Holiday Wishes Parade.
After hours of exploration, you are sure to be very hungry. The good news is that it does not matter what you are craving for, or what budget you have for food, there is always a great restaurant for you to go to. Some of the best here include Plates on the Square, Corner Cafe, Highland Deli & Grill or Evergreen Chinese. Start the day right with breakfast from Jerry's Country Kitchen, then have a heavy pizza lunch at Leopoldo's Pizza Napoletana or the relatively new Palladino's Wood Fired Artisan Pizza. You could also get seafood from Little Hawaiian Seafood Grill and Tiki Lounge or the Great American Seafood Catch, or sample great Brazilian fare at Samba Loca.