Hollywood is home to more than 141,000 people and is the 12th biggest city in Florida. Get on a charter bus in Hollywood, Florida and take time to explore and learn more about the city.
1. Take the Hollywood Trolley to the beaches. If you are staying in the city's downtown area, you can take the Hollywood Trolley going to the beaches. Of course, you can also get a charter bus in Hollywood, Florida for your tours within the city.
2. Join the ArtWalk. The Downtown Hollywood Artwalk happens every third Saturday and takes you to a variety of art galleries and local businesses that display the works of local, regional and global artists. You will also enjoy strolling down the tree-lined sidewalks and hearing the musicians that play for you.
If you can't get enough of the arts, check out ArtsPark at Young Circle, where you have 10 acres of park space that features musical concerts, visual art exhibits, fountains, glass blowing demonstrations, and sidewalk cafes. Or you can visit the Art & Culture Center of Hollywood, where you can see gallery exhibits and catch live performances.
Meanwhile, Hollywood Hot Glass allows you to see how glass is made, with demonstrations by master glassblowers. Hollywood Beach Theatre, on the other hand, presents concerts and other events.
Further, you have the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center, which accommodates more than 500 people.
3. Play! There are two premiere places where you can play: the Garfield Street Paddleball Courts and the Hollywood Beach Golf Resort. Other golf courses you can play in are the Club at Emerald Hills, the Orangebrook Golf & Country Club, the Sunset Golf Club, the Hollywood Beach Golf & Country Club, and Eco Golf Club.
4. Enjoy the outdoors. Hollywood has more than seven miles of beaches. Hollywood Beach is regarded as the best beach in Florida. Check out the many diving spots in the city, including 30 wreck sites and beautiful coral reefs. Then you have the West Lake Park and Anne Kolb Nature Center, where you could see the mangroves, go paddleboating, kayaking, canoeing, biking and hiking. Meanwhile, the Hollywood North Beach Park is a protected beach that is very popular among tourists.
5. Shop and eat. You can go to the Downtown Hollywood Art & Design District where you can stroll down brick sidewalks and shop at new retailers, cafes and bistros. You can also check out Josh's Organic Garden and buy organic fruits, nuts, vegetables and produce. Oakwood Plaza is an outdoor mall that brings together local businesses and nationally known retailers.
You should also enjoy the delicious food at some of the best restaurants here in the city. Vannucchi Brothers has some great Italian food and sandwiches. You can also get delicious sandwiches at Sub Center or J28 Sandwich Bar. Or you can go to Chillbar for some new American fare or GoBistro for ramen and sushi.
Miramar Bakery is a Cuban bakery while Siamrice Thai & Tapas gives you great Thai and Asian food. Sardelli gives you a touch of luxury and serves the best steaks and Italian food. Meanwhile, Levy's Kosher of Hollywood has great Middle Eastern and kosher food, while Laura's Cuban Restaurant can rival the best Cuban establishments in Miami.