Cañon City is the largest city and seat of Fremont County. It is home to more than 16,000 people. Apart from being one of the very few cities in the United States with an eñe, it also has some interesting attractions. So get on a bus charter in Cañon City, Colorado and enjoy these attractions today.
A bus charter in Cañon City, Colorado can take you to do these things:
1. Go on a scenic train ride. You can get on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad and enjoy a scenic train ride. These tracks have been in use since the 1870s and will take you along the Arkansas River and through the state's Royal Gorge.
2. Visit the Museum of Colorado Prisons. Housed in an old women's prison, you can learn more about the state's many jails, including staff and inmates from the old days. You go through close to three dozen cells and view the exhibits in each one. See the hangman's noose that was used in the state's last execution, confiscated weapons, photographs, the last gas chamber, arts and crafts done by the inmates, and other artifacts.
3. Go to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park. The theme park has several attractions and rides, including the Aerial Tram, carousel, Cliff Walk, Incline Railway, Royal Rush Skycoaster, and Wapiti Western Wildlife Park, among others. But you should check out the Royal Gorge Bridge, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and once the highest bridge in the world.
4. Raft down the Arkansas River. There are rafting trips for everyone in your group, so you can go rafting with kids and beginners. If you would rather stay out of the water, there are several recreational opportunities. You can stay within the city and visit the parks, including Centennial Park, Denver & Rio Grande Western Park, Magdalene Park, Margaret Park, Mountain View Park where you could find the city's skate park, Red Canyon Park, Rudd Park, Temple Canyon Park, and Veterans Park, where there are several entertainment events. Aside from these, you can go to John Griffin Park, Rouse Park, Harrison Park and Pathfinder Regional Park. Then you have the campgrounds at the Echo canyon Campground and RV Park.
5. Shop. Be sure to check out the many shops and retailers here, which include the Railroad Gift Shop, Hilltop Market, Tierney's Mail-N-More, Backyard Carvings, Chicken House Gallery, Goldwood Jewelers, Maggie's Farm, Marketplace Shops, P & J Hitching Post, Ruby Slipper, and Trendy Tykes.
6. Indulge! Be sure to check out some of the best restaurants in the city, including Chicago Bob's, Royal Gorge Brewing Co & Restaurant, 8 Mile Grill and Bar, Bunk House Burgers, Big Burger World, Le Petit Chablis, Good Thyme Cafe, Momo Japanese Restaurant, and White Water Bar & Grill.
7. Visit other interesting historic attractions. These includes the Cañon City State Armory, which features 19th and 20th century revival and Mediterranean revival architecture, the Cañon City Municipal Building, and the Peabody Mansion, which used to be the home of James Hamilton Peabody, a former state governor.