The Things You Should Leave at Home When You Hit the Road
When you take a charter bus trip, you want all the comforts of home, right? And you don’t want to get a few hundred miles from home and discover that you’ve forgotten something you really need (for a checklist of things that will make your trip a good one, see our blog on the top ten things to bring on a charter bus trip).
But there a certain things that you’ll want to leave at home, that will either make your vacation more of a challenge, make you unpopular with your bus-mates, or put you and others at risk. Here’s a list of things that should just stay off the bus—
- Barbeque grills or cookers—Believe it or not, this actually happened…some folks thought they’d cook up some chicken and ribs on the back of the Not only is it a significant fire hazard, but an open flame consumes oxygen and produces carbon monoxide, so it’s a great way to make your fellow passengers sick or even risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Even if you’re on a party bus that has room for a grill, the bus is on the move and you’d never be able to stabilize it. Cook the food in advance and bring it on the bus piping hot. Or let us take you to a barbeque restaurant!
- Fireworks and flammable materials—Actually, this could be just about anything with an open flame or that has combustible materials: candles, incense, flares, lighter fluid and gasoline can also dangerous in an enclosed space.
- Controlled substances—Illegal drugs are always a bad idea on a bus, even (or maybe especially) when they are disguised. A small group on a party bus heading to a concert had a pan of special brownies with an unusual green hue. When they weren’t looking, someone passed the pan around the bus…it took hours to track everyone down after the concert.
- Most types of pets— It’s hard to imagine much of anything worse than a loose snake on a moving bus—but it’s happened!! It may have been the only time in history when a bus went down the road with everyone standing—on their seats! A service dog is generally fine, provided there’s room for the pooch to be out of everyone’s way. Most other types of domesticated animals—cats, birds, hamsters, pot-bellied pigs, etc.—won’t enjoy the ride and will likely get you the stink-eye from everyone else on the bus.
- Anything that’s going to stink up the bus—A tuna fish sandwich may not be the best choice for lunch on a crowded bus. Don’t bring stinky cheese on a bus, either—limburger, gorgonzola and other pungent varieties will hover in the air for miles. Do your friends and family a favor and have the aromatic foods when you get to your destination. This also goes for colognes and perfumes. You’ll be in an enclosed space. If you apply too much fragrance, those around you will likely be annoyed.
- Items of personal sentimental value or extreme financial value—While a charter bus is one of the most secure ways to travel, it’s not really a good idea to bring things that are irreplaceable or that have substantial material value. When you’re traveling with a large group of friends, it’s not uncommon to misplace items or have something accidentally damaged. Don’t bring the $10,000 Martin or the string of pearls, and leave the silver tea set at home.
A Charter Bus—The Best Way to Travel!
When you’re looking at the options for group travel, there’s nothing that compares to a charter bus. Here are just some of the advantages of a coach from BusRental.com:
- A safe and secure trip—We have the most skilled and highly trained drivers in the business. In addition, because there’s limited access to your bus, you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Reliability and flexibility–Delays or cancellations are virtually nonexistent with a charter bus. And you won’t be stuck on a prepackaged trip. You tell us where you want to go and we’ll get you there!
- Cost effectiveness—Bus travel is without a doubt the most affordable way to travel. With the money you save, you can bring home some cherished souvenirs from your trip.
- Room to breathe!—You won’t be crammed into a tiny seat on a charter bus. Instead, you’ll enjoy plush seats and spacious aisles. And you can get up any time you want to!
- A vehicle uniquely suited to your needs—Large or small, your group will find the perfect coach for your trip, one that has all the options you need.
Schedule Your Charter Bus Trip Today
There’s no reason to delay. Call 1-888-502-3458 to initiate the process. One of our experienced agents will walk you through the process and help you set up that dream trip!