Get Ready for St. Patty’s Day | The Top Ten Places for a Pint and Irish Stew in Los Angeles
Whether you have some Irish heritage or not, St. Patrick’s Day offers a great opportunity to enjoy food and libations from the Emerald Isle. It’ll be a party, that’s for sure, and you’ll want to quaff a pint or two or have a little Jameson’s. Here’s a great idea—rent a charter bus from BusRental.com. That way, you and your friends can be a part of the revelry without worrying about who’ll be driving at the end of the night.
Where to Get Your Green On in Los Angeles
Though LA doesn’t have the Irish presence of cities like Chicago and Cleveland, there are still plenty of places to get bangers and mash, Guinness and other Irish fare. Here are some of the local favorites:
- McG’s Irish Pub and Grill—Located on Devonshire in Chatsworth, in the North San Fernando Valley, McG’s has the feel of downtown Dublin. Throw some darts, enjoy Irish and non-Irish beers, as well as great pub grub. The locals regularly rate it the best Irish bar in the Valley.
- Timmy Nolan’s—If it’s Irish whiskey you want, head over to this Toluca Lake establishment, named the best Irish bar in all of LA by many. Of course, there’s also Guinness, Killian’s, and Murphy’s, Harp’s, Smithwick’s and even Magners Irish Cider. Try Timmy’s Celtic Burger, a half a pound of ground corned beef with all the trimmings.
- Tam O-Shanter—After nearly a century in business, the Tam is still one of the hot spots year round, and even more so on St. Patty’s Day. The corned beef sandwiches are legendary and there’s an ale and sandwich bar throughout the day, featuring the signature deviled egg sandwich.
- The Irish Times—No, it’s not a daily newspaper—it’s one of the most popular Irish pubs in the area. Named after the publication, the Palms-based pub has a number of Irish brews on tap, from Guinness to Kilkenny, from Strongbow Cider to Smithwick’s and Old Speckled Hen. Try the Irish sliders or a steak and ale pie—you can also order bangers and mash or a corned beef sandwich.
- Casey’s Irish Pub—This downtown establishment has some of the best homemade corned beef and cabbage in California. They are also famous for their Jameson “picklebacks,” a shot of Jameson’s Irish Whiskey chased down with shot of pickle brine. Don’t forget the iced Irish coffees, either.
- Tom Bergin’s—Look up when you walk in—the entire ceiling is covered with shamrocks!! This great bar, in mid-Wilshire, claims to have brought Irish coffee across the pond from the old country. Locals say there’s nothing quite like chasing the corned beef and cabbage with a little Jameson’s and caffeine.
- Shannon’s—For all the traditional Irish pub treats—bangers and mash, fish and chips, corned beef sliders- you can’t beat Shannon’s, in Long Beach. Shannon’s also offers an extensive selection of whiskeys, with some rare, hard-to-find Irish specialties.
- Rock and Reilly’s Irish Pub—You have to try “Reilly’s Mother’s Milk,” a whiskey blend found only at this West Hollywood bar. For different fare, order the Irish nachos, complete with Irish cheddar and peppered Irish bacon. Rock and Reilly’s is also famous for its annual St. Patrick’s Day block party.
- The Auld Dubliner—Another Long Beach pub, the Dubliner features a Guinness stew, shepherd’s pie and an all-day full Irish breakfast. They have nearly 50 different beers, including a number of popular Irish brews and often have live Celtic music.
- Ireland’s 32—This Valley Glen pub is unpretentious at best (the owners proudly consider it a “dive bar”). What’s the significance of 32? It’s the number of counties in old Ireland, lads.
Sláinte Mhaith—to Your Good Health! Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day in LA
You want to join the St. Patrick’s Day revelry, but you don’t want to get behind the wheel after a few drinks. With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can get safely to and from the fun while someone else handles all the driving. Here are some additional benefits.
- Charter buses have limited access, so there won’t be any uninvited guests and your personal items will always be secure.
- Cancellations or delays are virtually unknown with a charter bus. Our drivers will get you where you want to go when you want to be there.
- You can design the trip that best meets your needs—you won’t have to choose from a limited number of prepackaged trips.
- It’s hands-down the most affordable way to travel.
Book Your Charter Bus for St. Patrick’s Day Now
It’s a simple process to book your charter bus today. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way, or call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.