3,700 Animals | 650 Species | 100 Acres of Habitat | The Giant Panda
Enjoy a Trip to This Famous Attraction—Take a Charter Bus!
Imagine observing some of the world’s most exotic creatures in the wild, in open-air, cageless exhibits that mirror their natural habitats. Take a guided tour above the habitat in a gondola lift, where you can observe the different habitats, from rain forest to taiga and tundra. Check out more than 700,000 exotic plants, many of which are cultivated to feed the rare animals found there. It’s all there at the San Diego Zoo.
It’s one of the largest zoos in the world, and sees more than three million visitors every year. Why fight all that traffic and struggle to find a parking place. With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can be dropped off close to the gates, devote all your time to taking in the many exhibits at the zoo, and have the bus waiting for you when you’re ready to go. It’s a great way for an extended family or a group of friends to experience the many amazing exhibits the San Diego Zoo has to offer.
Founded almost 100 years ago, after various animal-related exhibitions at the1915 Panama-California Exposition were abandoned, the zoo pioneered the concept of cageless exhibits, opening the first such habitat for lions in 1922. It is renowned worldwide for its Center for Reproduction of Endangered Species.
Some of the Great Exhibits at the San Diego Zoo
Let’s face it—you can’t see all the San Diego Zoo has to offer in a single day. Here are some of the things you don’t want to miss:
- Panda Trek: The San Diego Zoo is one of a handful of American zoos to have giant pandas on display. In fact, the first two giant pandas born in the country that survived to adulthood were both born at the San Diego Zoo. Many of the pandas born here have been sent to China as part of a breeding program.
- Skyfari: The zoo has an overhead gondola lift, built in 1969 by a Swiss company. In the Skyfari, you’ll take a cable car for an aerial view of different habitats.
- Monkey Trails and Forest Tales—This habitat, opened in 2005, replicates the rainforests of Asia and Africa and houses a wide array of indigenous species, including guenons, mangabey and mandrills, all different types of monkeys. You’ll also find pygmy hippos, pancake tortoises, slender-snouted crocodiles and the famed Madagascar hissing cockroaches.
- The Polar Bear Plunge—This exhibit houses Arctic animals, including polar bears swimming in a 130,000 gallon pool. There are also reindeer, caribou, Arctic foxes and more than 25 species of ducks.
- Ituri Forest—This habitat, opened in 1999, is modeled on the real Ituri Forest in the Congo River Basin in the Democratic Republic of Congo. There’s a forest for the okapi, the cousin to the zebra; and a hippopotamus dwelling with an underground viewing area. You may also spot a great blue turaco, an emerald starling or a Congo peafowl, some of the many species of African birds here. There are also forest buffalo, as well as a number of different breeds of monkeys.
- Elephant Odyssey—The zoo’s elephant exhibit includes three African elephants and three Asian elephants, all females. There are also many other species native to Africa and Asia, including lions, jaguars, tapirs, capybaras and camels.
Enjoy Your Trip to the San Diego Zoo in the Luxury and Convenience of a Charter Bus!
You don’t want to fight traffic before a long day at the zoo. You don’t want to have to get behind the wheel at the end of the day. There’s a better way—with a charter bus from BusRental.com.
Here are just a few good reasons to visit the San Diego Zoo by charter bus:
- Reliability—No delays or cancellations with a charter bus. We’ll get you there on time and we’ll be waiting for you at the end of the day.
- Safety and security—Because we put them through a rigorous training program, our drivers are the best in the business. Another benefit of bus travel—the limited access to the bus ensures that you and your personal items are safe and secure.
- Affordability—Bus travel is hands-down the most cost effective way to travel. With the money you don’t spend on travel, you can take home a great souvenir.
- There’s a charter bus that’s perfect for your needs—No matter how large or small your group is, we’ll have the right vehicle for you.
Book Your Charter Bus Today
There’s no reason to wait another minute. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.