Catch All the Excitement on a Charter Bus Trip to the Tricky Triangle!!
Do you feel the need? The need for speed? There’s no better place to feel the thunder than Pocono Raceway, nestled in the Pocono Mountains near Long Pond, Pennsylvania. This renowned superspeedway hosts world class motor sports throughout the entire summer. Whether it’s Indy Car or ARCA Racing Series events, or any of the three main NASCAR series—or all of them—you’ll find world class racing at the Tricky Triangle. But you don’t want to try to navigate the massive crowds on your own, try to find a place to park, or have to get in your vehicle after a day at the track. There’s an easier way to fully enjoy all that Pocono Raceway has to offer—in a charter bus from BusRental.com. Enjoy the race while we handle all the details.
The Tricky Triangle—A Racetrack All Its Own
Built in the late 60s, Pocono Raceway staged its first event in 1971. Designed by a former Indy 500 champion, Roger Ward, the track has three turns, giving it a distinctive triangle shape. Each turn is modeled on a different racetrack—the sharp turn with 14 degree banking pays homage to the Trenton Speedway; the medium turn with a 9 degree banking replicates the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; and the gentlest turn, with 6 degree banking, mirrors the Milwaukee Mile. The straightaways also vary in length, giving the course a somewhat lopsided appearance. Because of the sharp turns and uneven straights, the speeds here tend to be a bit slower than at other tracks.
This Summer at Pocono Raceway
Here are the races currently on the calendar at the Tricky Triangle in 2017:
- June 9-11—The Pocono 400: The Pocono 400 is a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series stock car race. Bobby Allison won the first Pocono 400 in 1982 and Jeff Gordon is the all-time leader here, with 4 titles. Allison also suffered injuries in a Lap 1 crash in 1988 that ended his career.
- July 28-30—The Pennsylvania 400: The Pennsylvania 400, another Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race, comes in late July this year. Like the Pocono 400, this race was shortened from 500 miles to 400 miles in 2012. The 2016 event, won by Chris Buescher, was run on Monday after torrential rains soaked the track on Sunday. Bill Elliott has won the race four times, and Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip and Rusty Wallace are each three-time winners.
- June 10—The Pocono Green 250: The Pocono Green 250 is a NASCAR Xfinity Series stock car race, with drivers covering 100 laps on the Tricky Triangle. Last year’s race, the inaugural run, was called after just 53 laps because of a wet track. Kyle Larson took the checkered flag.
- July 29—Pocono Mountains 150: The Pocono Mountains 150 is on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Elliott Sadler won the first race in 2010, making him the 21st driver to take a checkered flag on all three NASCAR series.
- August 19-20—ABC Supply 500: The ABC Supply 500 is an Indy car event, first run in 1971. Discontinued in 1989, the race was reintroduced in 2013 as part of the “Indy Car Triple Crown.” The 2014 race saw Juan Pablo Montoya set an average speed record of 202.402 miles per hour, completing the race in less than two and a half hours.
The Only Way to Ride to Pocono Raceway—On a Charter Bus!
When the Pocono Raceway’s full—and it’s always full—there are more than 75,000 fans streaming in. You don’t want to get caught in the traffic tied to that mass of people, do you? There’s a better way to have all the thrill and none of the headache—on a charter bus from BusRental.com. There are lots of other benefits, too:
- Charter buses are safe and secure—Our drivers are top of the line, with extensive training to address any contingency. Another benefit of bus travel—the limited access ensures that you and your personal items are safe and secure.
- Charter buses are reliable—We’ll have you at the track in plenty of time to catch every second of the race. You won’t have to worry about delays and cancellations—they just don’t happen. We have the cutting edge technology to respond to any issue, so we can always get you where you want to be when you want to be there.
- Charter buses are the most cost-effective way to travel—There’s no more affordable way to get from here to there. With the money you save, you can bring back some cool souvenirs.
- You’ll have room to breathe!—Your knees won’t be hitting the seat in front of you. Instead, you’ll be able to relax in plush and comfortable seats or roam down the spacious aisles to hang out with friends.
- There’s a charter bus that’s just right for your group!—Large or small, your group will find a vehicle that’s ideal for your needs.
Book Your Charter Bus Today
There’s no reason to wait another minute. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.