Join the Living Dead in Asbury Park on October 7—Breathers Welcome, Too!!
Come Back from the Dead in Style—On a Charter Bus!!
Whether you’re a first time slackjaw or a long-rotting meat bag, whether you’re a LaMOE (Last Man on Earth) or one of “Them,” you’ll want to drag your bones to Asbury Park, New Jersey on Saturday, October 7, for the 10th annual Zombie Walk. Join thousands of other shufflers on the city’s famous boardwalk, add to your pallor with a makeover in Makeup Artist Alley, and really come to life at one of the many after-parties. The Zombie Walk is on, rain or shine, but what’s a little precipitation when you’re decomposing! The walk starts at 4 pm, but the Walking Dead will start congregating as early as 10 am.
Last year, thousands of rotters and breathers packed the boardwalk. You could drive to Zombie Walk, but do you really want to fight all that traffic, especially when most of the other drivers are dead? There’s a better way to take part in Zombie Walk—rent a charter bus from BusRental.com. We’ll maintain a pulse while you decay with friends and family!
Dead or Alive—the Zombie Walk’s a Thriller!
If you’ve been infected for a while, you know the ins and outs of zombie world and culture. But if you’ve just been bitten or you’re new to zombiedom, here are some of the basics.
In the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, the world is divided into two basic camps— survivors, or humans, and zombies—the undead, the creepy crawlies, the unconsecrated. And survivors are clearly in the minority and at a significant disadvantage, as it’s often difficult, especially when someone is newly dead, to tell who’s a survivor and who’s a rotter. Survivors can respond very differently to the apocalypse:
- Fundies are religious zealots, or fundamentalists who see the apocalypse as the hand of God and believe it’s their mission to further the apocalypse.
- Bandits are survivors who refuse to join others to fight zombies, but typically start to prey on other humans for basic needs
- Ferals are humans who have lost their sense of being human and have regressed to their basic animal nature
- LaMOEs and RCs—Last Man on Earth survivors are like bandits, but they are more interested in protecting their turf than invading yours. RCs, or Robinson Crusoes, are like LaMOES, except that they’ll typically become friendly once they realize you’re not a zombie
There are also a wide variety of terms to describe the different zombies—those without legs are referred to as ankle biters, crawlers or draggers. Some zombies, known as grabbers, are trapped inside abandoned cars, but can still pull you in if you get too close. Lurkers will hide and wait for a victim and zombies in riot gear or armor are dubbed “tin cans.”
The Asbury Park Zombie Walk Shuffles On!
First held in 2008, the Asbury Park Zombie walk grew to be one of the largest in the world, with an estimated 10,000 ghouls in 2014. The success of the event nearly led to its death in 2015, as rising costs almost made it cost-prohibitive. But organizers have worked hand-in-hand with the local Chamber of Commerce to promote the event and its future is bright.
Don’t Crawl to the Asbury Park Zombie Walk—Rot in Style in a Charter Bus!
When you’re about to join thousands of other stiffs on the Boardwalk in Asbury Park, you don’t want to worry about traffic, or finding a parking space. With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can hang with all your undead friends while we handle the details. There are many other good reasons to choose a bus charter for your travel needs:
- Safety and security—Our drivers undergo extensive training to ensure your safety. The limited access to our coaches also keeps you and your personal items safe and secure.
- The reliability factor—You won’t have to worry about a cancellation or delay with a charter bus. Our professional drivers will get you where you want to go, when you want to be there.
- A charter bus offers flexibility—You won’t have to choose from a limited number of prepackaged options—you decide where you want to go and when you want to be there. And you can change plans midstream, if necessary.
- A charter bus won’t kill your bank account, too—A charter bus is far more affordable than other modes of ground transportation and you don’t have to worry about gas or parking expenses. With the money you save, you can bring home some great merch.
- You’ll have room to move—With our comfy seats and spacious aisles, you can stretch your legs (if you have any).
- You can choose from a number of coaches—Whether it’s just a few friends or a crowd, we have the diverse fleet to meet your needs.
Reserve Your Charter Bus for Asbury Park’s Zombie Walk Today
Book online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.