With a Charter Bus, You Won’t Have to Worry about Other Drivers
It seems that, no matter where you go on the roadways in the United States, someone will tell you that you are among the “worst drivers in the country.” The folks at carinsurancecomparison.com, however, have done an extensive study of the driving habits in every state, and have put out their annual “best and worst” states for driving in America. You could carefully review their findings before you decide to travel, or you could take a different, and easier, approach. If you’re planning group travel, why not rent a charter bus from BusRental.com. You’ll be safe and secure in comfort and luxury while we handle all the driving.
The Criteria for Assessing the Best and Worst States for Driving
The researchers used information collected by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), focusing on data related to fatal motor vehicle accidents. The states were then ranked based on five different criteria:
- Total number of fatalities per 100 million miles driven
- Percentage of fatal accidents involving a failure to obey traffic signals or safety laws
- Percentage of fatal accidents involving drunk drivers
- Percentage of fatal accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists
- Percentage of fatal accidents involving excessive speed
The States with the Worst Drivers
If you plan to drive your own vehicle, you may want to avoid Montana. The Big Sky state finished in the top 20 in every one of the categories listed above and took the crown for total number of fatalities per 100 million miles. Researchers attributed the combination of high speed limits and an abundance of winter weather as major contributing factors. The state ranked also ranked 20th for speed, sixth for pedestrian and bicycle fatalities and eighth for failure to obey traffic laws and signals.
According to the study, Montana just edged out South Carolina for the dubious honor of having the nation’s worst drivers. Other states finishing in the top ten included, in order, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, Hawaii, North Dakota, Delaware and Mississippi. North Dakota led the country in fatal accidents caused by drinking and driving, New Hampshire topped the list for motor vehicle accident deaths caused by speeding, and Louisianans were most likely to cause a traffic fatality through failure to obey a traffic sign or law.
Researchers concluded, though, that the single factor most likely to indicate where a state ranked overall was “careless driving,” or the number of deaths involving bicyclists and pedestrians. Approximately 80% of the states with the top fifteen overall scores were also ranked among the top for careless driving.
The Best States for Driving
Far and away the safest state for driving is Minnesota. The Gopher State was in the bottom 20 percent of states in every category except failure to obey traffic signals and laws, and finished 38th of 51 in that area. Others in the top five include Ohio, Vermont, Iowa and Nebraska. Utah is place where you’re least likely to be killed by a drunk driver, North Dakota has the fewest fatalities involving pedestrians and bicyclists, and speed is less of a factor in Florida than any other state.
Don’t Worry about Other Drivers! Rent a Charter Bus for Your Trip
Worried about other drivers on the road? With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can relax in comfort and luxury while someone else handles all the driving. Our drivers undergo rigorous training designed to ensure your safety at all times. Here are some of the other great reasons to consider a charter bus for your travel:
- Charter buses are secure—There’s limited access to our coaches, so you won’t have any uninvited guests and your personal items will always be secure.
- Charter buses offer reliability—No worries about cancellations or delays with a charter bus. Our drivers will get you where you want to go when you want to be there.
- Charter buses offer flexibility—With a charter bus, you’re not limited to choosing from a small number of prepackaged trips. Instead, you can put together the itinerary that meets your needs. And you can make changes midstream—if your plans change during your trip, simply call our driver or call us and we’ll make the necessary changes.
- Bus travel is most affordable way to get to travel—With a group of any size, there’s no more affordable way to get where you want to go than on a bus. In addition, because you won’t have a bunch of cars on the road at the same time, bus travel is more environmentally friendly.
Book Your Charter Bus Now
It’s a simple process to book your charter bus today. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way, or call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.