Get Together To Join the Call to End Sexual Violence
The statistics are sobering. According to the World Health Organization one of every three women in the United States has been the victim of sexual violence, often by a spouse or intimate partner. In fact, studies show that about seven of every ten rapes are committed by someone the victim knew. More than six percent of American men acknowledge committing or attempting to commit rape and as many as 35% admit that they would rape a woman if they knew there would be no legal consequences. Sexual violence runs across all socio-economic categories, from well-known personalities to disadvantaged neighborhoods, and it’s absolutely color blind. Nearly a third of all women who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States (28%) told researchers that they had been raped during their military service, including 39% of all women who enlisted in the Navy. And all of those numbers may understate the problem—authorities say that approximately 60% of all rapes are never reported.
It’s an epidemic that’s been going on for decades, but the time has come for people to stand up and say that enough is enough. Activists and organizers have planned a National March Against Rape Culture, scheduled for April 7, 2018, in Washington, DC. It’s an opportunity to gather with like-minded friends and family and travel to the nation’s capital to make your voice heard, to be a true agent for change.
Organizers expect the march to draw tens or hundreds of thousands of people. If you’re planning on going, you don’t want your focus to be on distractions, trying to find where you’re going, fighting traffic or looking for a place to park. There’s a better way to engage in collective action to end sexual assault—on a charter bus from BusRental.com. We’ll take care of all the details, so that you concentrate on being a voice for change. At BusRental.com, we have a long history of supporting activism in America—just a year ago, on January 21, 2017, we sent more than 300 coaches to the first National Women’s March in Washington, DC.
The National March to End Rape Culture—Taking the Fight to a Higher Level
Though the April event is the first national march to address the pervasive rape culture in America and to provide support and resources for victims of sexual violence, it’s not the first event of its kind. Community and regional groups staged the first “March to End Rape Culture” in Philadelphia in 2013 and the event has been held annually ever since. In light of increased disclosures of sexual violence in politics, entertainment and the business world, organizers have determined that it’s time to encourage a national discussion about the relationship between sex and power. The national march will start at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, with participants setting out at 9 am. Participants will traverse the National Mall on their way to the Capital Garden Park, with an optional stop at the Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality Monument.
In the previous marches in Philadelphia, attendees have had the opportunity to hear stories of survival by many rape victims, and organizers have connected victims to resources and local activists. The national march will have representatives from a wide range of advocacy groups, including Take Back the Night, Project Safe and PAVE (Promoting Awareness Victim Empowerment).
Why a Charter Bus is a Great Option for Taking a Group to the National March
In the world of mass demonstrations, the charter bus has been the transportation of choice, from the Vietnam War protests and civil rights activism to Earth Day gatherings, calls against the war in Iraq and the 2017 National Women’s March. There’s no better way to bring a group of like-minded people to and from a rally. You can travel together, bonding on the trip, learning more about what to expect and how to get the most out of the experience. Chances are you’ll make new friendships that will last a lifetime. Here are some of the other benefits of booking a charter bus from BusRental.com:
- It’s the safest mode of travel available—Statistics show that bus travel is far and away the safest way to get from here to there. Our drivers are the best in the world, undergoing extensive and regular training to prepare them to properly respond to any emergency. You won’t have to worry about your personal safety or your belongings, either. There’s only one way on and off our coaches, and our drivers keep close tabs on who’s coming and going. You and your personal items will always be secure.
- There’s unmatched flexibility with a charter bus—We understand that every group has unique needs, so we’ll tailor your trip to accomplish your goals. You tell us where you want to go and when you want to be there, and we’ll take care of everything. Because of our access to an extensive number of charter bus service providers, we can often make last minute changes to your itinerary and can even set up an entire trip with relatively little notice.
- A charter bus lets you do what you’re there to do—There’s no other way to travel that requires less from you during the trip, so that you can focus your energy on the march. You won’t have to check a map or try drive while monitoring your GPS. You won’t have to worry about where to park or finding your car when the rally is over. You won’t have to battle the traffic in the nation’s capital. In addition, you’ll avoid many of the headaches that come with other modes of travel. There’s no TSA line—you won’t have to take off your shoes, go through a scanner or watch someone riffle through your bags. You can bring you own shampoo and other toiletries, and you won’t ever have to put your phone on “bus mode.” You’ll also be on the same bus your entire trip, so you won’t have worry about missed connections or losing your luggage—your bags will be with you at all times.
- You can count on us—We meticulously maintain our coaches, so that mechanical difficulties are almost non-existent. With our access to a vast fleet of vehicles, delays and cancellations rarely occur.
- There’s room to move—Whether you’re on a mini-bus, a full-sized coach or an Executive Sprinter Van, you’ll discover that the seats are plush and expansive, and there’s lots of leg room. With our wide aisles, you’ll also be able to move about the coach in comfort.
- It’s one of the most affordable ways to get to the march—For total cost, charter bus travel is hands-down the most cost-effective way to travel anywhere. You’ll be sharing a lot of the costs with a number of people, so you’ll benefit significantly from economies of scale.
- Charter bus travel is earth-friendly—Instead of putting a few dozen vehicles on the road, you’ll all travel together, dramatically reducing your carbon footprint.
Whether Your Group is Large or Small—We Have the Right Coach for You
You may be attending the rally with a few of your closest companions, or organizing a large group to attend—it doesn’t matter. We have the right sized coach to meet all your needs. For small groups, our Executive Sprinter Van offers accommodations for up to 12 people, with plenty of room for personal belongings. If you have a mid-sized association of activists, there’s our mini-bus, with seating for 24 to 35 attendees. Large groups are no problem, either—our largest coaches hold up to 57 passengers, and multiple bus rentals are always an option.
We also offer a wide range of modern amenities, so you’ll want to check with our agents to see what’s available. Many of our buses have Wifi, DVD players and PA systems, as well as ports and charging stations for your devices. Some coaches offer on-board restroom facilities, and there are even buses with wet bars, dance floors and high-end sound systems.
Book Your Trip to the National March to End Rape Culture Today
The largest charter bus network in the nation, US Coachways has been an industry leader and innovator for more than 30 years, providing quality coaches to more than 21,000 events every year. To learn more about your options or to get a quote, call 1-888-502-3458 to talk to one of our experienced agents.