Take a Group to South by Southwest in Style—with a Charter Bus Rental
Whether it’s music, film or interactive that’s your passion, you want to attend the 2019 South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festivals in Austin, Texas. It runs for 10 days in mid-March, from the 8th through the 17th. Tickets are available online. The largest music festival of its kind anywhere on the planet, the 2018 SXSW event saw more than 2,000 acts take the stage somewhere in Austin or the surrounding communities. Nearly 30,000 people came last year just for the music and over 150,000 went to the parties and other exhibits.
You don’t want to try to navigate that crowd in your own vehicle, though, and you certainly don’t want to try to find a place to park. There’s a better way—with a charter bus rental from BusRental.com, you can enjoy all the festivities while we handle the details.
The Right Bus to Take a Group to SXSW 2019
Whether you’re traveling with friends and family, or organizing a large group, there’s a bus that will fit your needs. For up to 12 people, our Executive Sprinter Van is ideal, with comfortable seating and ample room for souvenirs. If you’re going to the festival with a mid-sized group, our mini-buses hold 24 to 35 people, and typically come with a wide assortment of modern conveniences. But bring as many people as you want—our largest buses seat up to 57 and multiple bus rentals are almost always an option. If you want to make your trip to SXSW one big celebration, rent one of our party buses, which can come with a wet bar, dance floor and high-end stereo setup.
Preparing for Your Trip to SXSW
There’s no question that the best way to get to, from and around SXSW is on a charter bus. Taking some time now to think about and plan the other details of your trip can help ensure that your experience at South by Southwest will be a good one:
- Accommodations—It may be too late to get a hotel room, as many attendees book their accommodations months in advance. Check out the SXSW website’s page on hotels and other lodging for more information. Of course, you may consider it bad form to go to a music festival and sleep indoors—no worries, there are plenty of campgrounds near the festival. You might also check Air BNB or com to see if there’s a house or a room available.
- Dressing appropriately—Hey, SXSW is one of the hippest events in the world, so you’re probably thinking of bringing your coolest clothes. Remember, though that it’s late winter/early spring in mid-Texas. That means that just about anything can go, weather-wise. It might be in the high 40s and it might be in the low 70s. The key, then, is to dress in layers—bring clothes that you can easily put on or take off, that aren’t too bulky. Specific clothing items to bring include an extra pair of shoes, extra socks, a backpack, sunglasses and a hat. A raincoat is a good idea, too, as March can be the rainy season in Austin.
- Things you don’t want to be without—It’s usually better to have something and not need it than to need it and be without it. Don’t worry about lugging a lot of stuff around from venue to venue. There are temporary lockers available if your hotel is too far away. Make certain you have the following items:
- A good water bottle—You’ll have plenty of places to refill a water bottle—don’t spend your money on throw-away plastic
- Sunscreen—Even though it’s only March, you’re still in Texas and you can burn in a hurry
- Phone charger—It’s not too difficult to find places in and around SXSW to charge your phone. Bring it with you when you go to the events.
- Cash—Don’t worry—there will be plenty of ATMs around the festival, but you’ll get hit up with a fee every time you draw from another bank. Some venues will take plastic, but cash spends everywhere
- Ear plugs—It may not happen often, or at all, but you may get caught in a venue where the music is loud—protect your eardrums by bringing ear plugs with you.
- A small first-aid kit—Stuff happens—whether you need a band-aid or some ibuprofen, you’ll be thankful you have it.
Making the Most of SXSW
It’s a huge festival, with more things to see, hear and do that you can possibly see, hear and do. While most of the music venues are close to each other, there are a few that take time and planning to reach. Look at the schedule in advance, determine how long it will take to get where you want to go, and set your priorities. With the showcase events, you’ll have to get there early to get in, so you may have to give up other events to get there soon enough.
With all the activities available to you, it’s critical that you pay attention to both nutrition and hydration. Make certain you drink a lot of water, even if it’s not that hot outside. When you’re active, your body can burn through fluids pretty quickly. The same applies for food—that shouldn’t be a problem, though, as Austin is a foodie’s paradise. Of course, there’s lots of Tex-Mex, but check out some of the other amazing food options.
There’s No Better Way to Travel with a Group than by Charter Bus
If you’ve done your homework on group travel, you know there’s no mode of transportation that offers all the benefits you’ll get with a charter bus:
- Safety and security—Our drivers are the cream of the crop, and undergo regular training to prepare them to respond to any situation. In addition, there’s usually just one way on and off a charter bus—that makes it easy to keep an eye on who comes and goes—you won’t have to worry about unwanted guests, so you and your personal belongings will always be secure.
- Reliability—Delays and cancellations are almost unheard of with a charter bus. The vehicles we use are inspected regularly and meticulously maintained, so mechanical problems are seldom an issue. We’ll get you where you want to go when you want to be there.
- Flexibility—It’s always good to have options and with a charter bus, they’re almost endless. You won’t have to pick from a handful of prepackaged trips. Just tell us where you want to go, when you want to be there and how long you want to stay—we’ll handle the details.
- A minimal amount of stress—Charter bus is the most hands-off way to travel. You won’t need to check a map, jockey through traffic or keep your eyes open for a place to park. You’ll travel on the same coach throughout your trip, so you won’t have to fret about missing a connection or losing your luggage. We don’t have a TSA line, either, so you can keep your shoes on and bring all your favorite toiletries.
- Lots of room to move—There’s plenty of room on a charter bus, from the spacious aisles to the plush seats to the headroom between you and the person in front of you. Best of all, you can get up any time you want—we won’t tell you to get in your seats and buckle your seatbelt.
- Access to the outside world—There’s no “bus mode” setting on your phone. You won’t have to unplug unless you do it by choice. In fact, most of our coaches offer Wifi, as well as USB ports and charging stations.
- Affordability—Studies consistently show that charter bus travel is one of the most cost-effective ways to take a group somewhere. With the money you save, you can spend more at the festival.
As an added bonus, when you travel by charter bus, you’re helping the planet. Putting a large group of people in the same vehicle reduces emissions and minimizes your carbon footprint.
Consider a Charter Bus for Any Group Event
When you’re going somewhere with a group, you have clear choices regarding how you travel. The factors mentioned above make a charter bus the ideal choice for a wide range of outings, including:
- Family outings, from reunions and birthdays to anniversaries, weddings and graduation parties
- Church or club events or retreats
- Corporate events, including conferences, conventions, meetings, celebrations and team-building exercises
- School trips, such as athletic competitions or club excursions
Reserve a Charter Bus to SXSW 2019 from BusRental.com Today
The largest charter bus broker in the nation, US Coachways has been an industry leader and innovator for more than 30 years, providing quality coaches to more than 35,000 events every year. To learn more about your options or to get a quote, call 1-888-502-3458 to talk to one of our experienced agents or use our convenient online dashboard. Our experienced agents will often have a quote for you in minutes.