Enjoy Stunning Foliage This Fall with Friends and Family-On a Charter Bus!
It’s still summer—we understand—so you may not be ready to think about the changing of the leaves this fall. But regardless of where you are across the United States, you’re not far from gorgeous golds, radiant reds, oranges, yellows, and other fall colors. Put on a sweater and line up for hot apple cider—it’s time to book a charter bus from BusRental.com to take a group of folks on a fall color tour. You don’t want to drive there yourself, you’ll spend half your time buried in a map or your GPS and miss a lot of the scenery. With a charter bus, you never have to keep your eyes on the road…you’ll get to take in every mile of countryside.
Some of the Top Fall Color Destinations in the United States
Here’s a sampling of some of the great places to visit for foliage, food and fun across the country this fall:
- The Catskill Mountains, in New York state – Located in southeastern New York State, just north of Poughkeepsie, the Catskills are part of the Appalachian Mountains. Nestled in dense forests of red and white oak, maple and birch, with lots of two-lane highways winding through towns like Big Indian, Pine Hill and Phoenicia, the Catskills offer some of the most stunning scenery along the East Coast. Come for the Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest, four weeks of celebration of German culture, with food, beer and live music. You can also stop by the hamlet of Woodstock, site of the famous rock festival in 1969.
- The Columbia River Gorge, in Oregon — The Gorge, which divides the states of Oregon and Washington, is a natural phenomenon, with more than 50 waterfalls. There’s great hiking near Mt. Hood and you can get pretty close to many of the falls. The Historic Columbia River Highway, a 20 mile jaunt down US Highway 30, has been a popular fall destination for more than 100 years, with stonework bridges and railings all along the way. There are a number of scenic lookouts, and there’s also the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum, where you can learn about the Lewis and Clark Expedition, the Oregon Trail and how the Ice Age floods helped form the river basin.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway, in the Appalachian Mountains—This winding two lane road spans nearly 500 miles through the Appalachian Mountains, from just southwest of Asheville, North Carolina to its northern terminus west of Charlottesville, Virginia. Whether you’re on the Ridge, the Plateau, the Highlands or in the Pisgah National Forest, there’s spectacular scenery, great hiking trails, quaint towns and lots to see and do. Start your tour in Asheville, where you’ll find a thriving arts community, eclectic eateries and more craft breweries per capita than any city along the East Coast. After you arrive in Charlottesville, take a ride to the nearby Shenandoah National Park.
- The Northwest Coast of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula— Known as the “Most Beautiful Place in America,” Michigan State Highway 22 crisscrosses the northwest corner of the state, offering peeks at the big lake (Lake Michigan), as well as dozens of quaint little towns, lots of wineries, beaches and the 400 foot high Sleeping Bear Dunes. It starts just north of Ludington, and takes you all the way to Traverse City. Just north of Traverse City, in Harbor Springs, pick up M-119 and weave through 20 miles of gently rolling hills under a canopy of color—it’s the famed “tunnel of trees,” a vortex of foliage and color that offers fleeting glimpses of surf and sand in the distance.
- Taos, New Mexico – The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway, considered by many to be the most scenic drive in America, takes you on an 83 mile journey through the New Mexico towns of Taos, Questa, Red River and Eagle Nest, where you’ll see firsthand that the deserts also experience color bursts in the fall. The Byway takes you through mountains, mesas, valleys and national forest, as you learn why New Mexico is known as the “Land of Enchantment.” The High Road to Taos is a two-hour cruise through remote mountain villages with vestiges of Spanish colonialism.
The Many Compelling Reasons to Travel by Charter Bus
If you’re going on a color tour, you want to be able to watch the scenery…you can’t do that if you have to keep your eyes on the map or watch the traffic around you. When you travel on a charter bus from BusRental.com., you get to take it all in. But there are many more good reasons to choose charter when you are traveling with a group:
- There’s no safer mode of group travel—Year after year, studies find that charter buses are among the safest ways to travel. It’s no surprise—we have the best drivers in the world, all of whom undergo regular and comprehensive training to prepare them to respond to any situation. In addition, because of the limited entry on and off your bus, you won’t have concerns about uninvited guests and your personal items will always be secure.
- You have almost unlimited flexibility—With a charter bus, you won’t have just a few options. There’s virtually no limit to your imagination—tell us where you want to go, when you want to be there and how long you want to stay, and we’ll handle everything.
- A charter bus lets you be a participant—With almost every other mode of transportation, traveling by group is still a lot of work—checking maps, making connections, keeping track of luggage, finding a place to park. When you travel by charter bus, all you have to do is show up and have fun. We’ll take care of scheduling and directions to your destination, take care of parking, and we’ll get you everywhere on time. You’ll travel on the same coach throughout your excursion, and your luggage will travel with you, so there won’t be any worries about missing a connection or losing your bags. There’s no such thing as “bus mode,” so you can use all your devices at all times. There’s also no TSA line on a charter bus, so you won’t have to remove your shoes or take off your belt, or undergo a full body scan.
- Your charter bus will always be there—All of our coaches are meticulously maintained, so mechanical issues are rarely a problem and delays or cancellations are virtually unheard of. In addition, our onboard navigation and communication systems allow us to anticipate traffic issues and take alternate routes, if necessary, to get you where you need to go in a timely manner.
- You’ll have room to stretch—There’s more room in front of your seat than on any other type of transportation. In addition, the aisles are roomy and you can get up whenever you wish.
- Charter buses are the most cost-effective form of transportation—There’s no more affordable way to travel with a group than by charter bus. With the significant amount you’ll save on your travel expenses, you’ll be able to bring back treasured mementoes of your trip.
- Charter buses are good for the environment—When you travel together on the same coach, you have fewer vehicles on the roads, less emissions and a smaller carbon impact.
We Have the Coach to Meet Your Needs
With a charter bus from BusRental.com, our fleet consists of the perfect-sized coach to accommodate your group. If you’re going on a fall color tour with a small group, consider our Executive Sprinter Vans, with seating for up to 12 and plenty of room for baggage and other items. For slightly larger groups, there’s our mini-bus, which holds anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers. But the size of your group is never a problem—we can accommodate even the largest groups. Our biggest coaches have room for up to 57 passengers and multiple bus rentals are always an option. Your fall foliage trip can also be non-stop fun with one of our party buses—these custom coaches accommodate 20 to 40 guests, have high-end sound systems and may come with other amenities, such as dance floors or wet bars.
We provide a range of modern conveniences on our coaches. The options will vary, though, so check with your booking agent to learn what features are available on each coach. Many of our buses have Wifi, DVD players and PA systems, as well as ports and charging stations for most electronic devices. In addition, we also offer coaches with on-board restroom facilities.
Book Your Fall Color Tour with BusRental.com Today
The largest charter bus broker in the nation, US Coachways has been an industry leader and innovator for more than 30 years, providing quality coaches to more than 35,000 events every year. To learn more about your options or to get a quote, call 1-888-502-3458 to talk to one of our experienced agents.