Follow All the Action in Person—Meet and Greet the New Stars of the Game
The National Football League (NFL) is conducting its annual player draft in the City of Brotherly Love on April 27-29, returning to Philadelphia for the first time since 1961. For dedicated football fans, it’s a must-attend event. In addition to witnessing history as this year’s crop of stellar athletes learn where they’ll start their professional careers, you might also have the chance to rub elbows with some of college football’s elite players. This year’s draft is being held on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, so that draft picks can emulate Rocky and run up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art when their name is called.
If you are planning to attend the draft with friends, consider renting a charter bus from BusRental.com to take care of all your transportation. You won’t have to worry about traffic or parking, and you won’t ever have to look at a map!
The 2017 NFL Draft
This year’s draft will see 253 players picked by the league’s 32 teams. Three picks have been forfeited by teams for violating league rules. As a general rule, the order of selection is based on regular season performance. The New England Patriots, winners of Super Bowl LI, will pick last in the first round, preceded by the runner-up Atlanta Falcons. Conference champions Green Bay and Pittsburgh will pick just ahead of the Super Bowl contestants, the Divisional champions go before them and the wild card entrees choose first among all playoff teams.
With respect to those teams that did not make the playoffs, the teams go in the order of winning percentage, from lowest to highest. The dubious honor of picking first in this year’s draft goes to the Cleveland Browns, who eked out only one win during the 2016 campaign, a 20-17 squeaker in Week 15. Here’s how the rest of the draft rounds will go:
- Number 2—San Francisco 49ers, with a record of 2-14, their worst since 2004
- Number 3—Chicago Bears, finishing at 3-13. The Bears won the right to the third pick from Jacksonville, who had the same record, because the Bears had a weaker schedule.
- Number 5—Tennessee Titans, a draft pick obtained from the Los Angeles Rams in a trade
- Number 6—New York Jets, at 5-11. The Jets had the same record as the Chargers, now of Los Angeles, formerly of San Diego, but played a weaker schedule.
- Number 8—Carolina Panthers, with a record of 6-10. The Panthers played in the 2016 Super Bowl
- Number 9—Cincinnati Bengals, at 6-9-1, edged out Buffalo, New Orleans and Philadelphia (all with 7-9 records) because they won one less game and played to a tie in one game.
- Number 12—Cleveland Browns, in a trade from the Eagles
- Number 13—Arizona Cardinals, whose 7-8-1 record put them ahead of the Indianapolis Colts, the Minnesota Vikings and the Baltimore Ravens, who all finished at 8-8. The Vikings traded their draft pick to the Eagles.
- Number 17—Washington Redskins, who finished at 9-7-1
- Number 18—Tennessee Titans, who tied the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos at 9-7, but played the weakest schedule of the three.
Experience Philly and the NFL Draft Like a Pro—With a Charter Bus Rental!!
It may be the City of Brotherly Love, but it’s also a large metropolitan area with lots of traffic and the usual challenges with parking. You can have a great time in Philadelphia, but it’s easier when you let someone else do the driving. With a charter bus from Bus.Rental.com, you can relax in luxury and convenience while we take care of all the details. Here’s why bus travel is your best option:
- You’ll be safe and secure—There’s no other mode of ground transportation that’s as safe as a bus. Our professional drivers all go through comprehensive training to prepare them for any situation. In addition, because of the limited access to our coaches, you and your personal items will always be safe and secure.
- You can count on us—We’ll pick you up and drop you off right where you want to be. You won’t ever have to worry about a map or about missing a performance. We’ll get you there on time, no questions asked. You’ll find our drivers friendly and well-informed, ready to help whenever you need assistance.
- You’ll have extra money to spend on souvenirs—When you let us do the driving, you avoid all kinds of expenses, from fuel to parking. In addition, compared to other types of ground transportation, there’s no comparison—bus travel is hands down the most affordable. And, as an added bonus, you’ll be helping the planet, as you’ll put fewer vehicles on the road.
- We have the right bus to fit your group—We have coaches of all sizes, so we’ll have the right vehicle to meet your specific needs.
Take in the NFL Draft in Style
Rent a Charter Bus to the 2017 Draft in Philadelphia
Book Your Coach Now
Book online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.