Enjoy All the Festivities the Easy Way—With a Charter Bus Rental!
Memorial Day is just around the corner—a time to remember, but also a time to celebrate. It’s a time to remember those who have come before us—family, friends, heroes. It’s also an opportunity to acknowledge and cherish the many privileges we have…and there’s no better place to do it than in Washington, DC. From the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally to the National Memorial Day Parade, from the “flags-in” at Arlington National Cemetery to the National Memorial Day Concert on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol Building, it’ll keep your heart bursting the entire weekend.
But Washington, DC is more than the nation’s capital—it’s a big city! And there will be lots of people enjoying the same experience as you. You don’t want to spend your whole trip worrying about how to get to your next destination or where you’ll find a place a park, and you certainly don’t want to fight the traffic! Why not make it easy on yourself—on a charter bus from BusRental.com. You can have a real vacation with friends and family while we take care of all the details.
There’s Plenty to See and Do in DC This Memorial Day
You’ll find something for everyone along the Potomac this Memorial Day, whether it’s a special event centered on the holiday or one of the many ongoing attractions that pays homage to our national heritage. Here are just a few of the ways you can enjoy yourself in DC at the end of May:
- Wave your flag at the country’s largest Memorial Day Parade—The American Veterans Center puts on this event, in its 14th year. The parade route goes right down the heart of Constitution Avenue, bringing as many as half a million people to the National Mall. Set for Monday, May 28, the parade pays tribute to America’s fighting men and women throughout history, from the Revolutionary War to current conflicts in the Middle East.
- Thrill to patriotic music at the National Memorial Day Concert—On Sunday evening, May 27, PBS sponsors this musical tribute to America’s armed forces. This year’s program will feature the story of two veterans of the Korean War, who have been friends now for 68 years. There will also be a special recognition of the role of women in our military history. General Colin Powell will be there and Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band will make its 15th appearance.
- Enjoy vocal music at the National Memorial Day Choral Festival—Earlier on Sunday, May 27, the United States Air Force and the American Veterans Center will present a concert of choral music at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. The concert is part of the three-day Choral Festival pays tribute to American veterans in song.
- Catch the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally—Get out your earplugs, as this can get loud!! It’s an overwhelming experience to watch, listen to and feel more than 900,000 bikes coming from the Pentagon through West Potomac Park. The ride, celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, honors and brings attention to POWs and MIAs from the war in Vietnam. It’s set for Sunday, May 27.
- Honor the fallen at the Arlington National Cemetery—Watch soldiers place more than 250,000 flags on the gravestones of American servicemen and servicewomen at Arlington. The 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment has been carrying on this tradition, known as “flags in,” for more than six decades.
- See all the monuments at the National Mall—You could spend your entire weekend visiting the many moving monuments here, from the famous Vietnam Veterans Memorial, with its famous wall to the National World War II Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial and the Vietnam Women’s Memorial. The Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial are also here, and you can feel the power of the place where Dr. Martin Luther King gave his “I Have a Dream” speech. It’s adjacent to the Smithsonian, so it’s an easy walk to get inside and beat the heat, if necessary.
- Enjoy great food and shopping in Georgetown—Head on down to the waterfront in Georgetown to get great seafood at Tony & Joe’s or the unbelievable Sunday brunch buffet at Sequoia. Georgetown is also home to a diverse shopping experience, with high-end boutiques side-by-side with funky one-of-a-kind emporiums. From relish to Billy Reid, from Bluemercury to Alice and Olivia, there’s plenty to catch your eye.
- Imagine the wonder of flight at the National Air and Space Museum—From the earliest winged crafts fashioned by Orville and Wilbur Wright to the famed Spirit of St. Louis, from the Apollo 11 Command Module Columbia to the most modern spacecraft, you’ll be in awe of the attractions at the National Air and Space Museum, one of DC’s most popular attractions. It’s the largest collection of aviation and space travel artifacts anywhere on the planet. And it’s also a place to let your imagination run wild—one of the newer exhibits is a recreation of the spaceship Enterprise from Star Trek, and there’s also an IMAX with space and air travel themed movies.
- See one of the most famous sculptures in history at the Iwo Jima Memorial—It’s open from 6 am until midnight every day, paying homage to the six Marines who hoisted the American flag on the Japanese island in February, 1945, to announce the American victory in the Pacific.
We Have the Perfect Bus for Your Group
Whether you’re visiting Washington, DC with a few friends and family or with a large entourage, BusRental.com can match you with the right vehicle. For groups of up to 12 people, our Executive Sprinter Van is ideal, with plush seating and ample room for all your personal items. For mid-sized groups, our mini-buses seat 24 to 35 people, and typically come with most modern amenities. But there’s no problem with bring a large group to the nation’s capital—our biggest buses accommodate up to 57 and multiple bus rentals are always an option. If it’s a party you’re planning, we have the right coach for that, as well. We can put you in a party bus, some of which come with a wet bar, a dance floor and a high-end stereo setup.
Why You Want to Choose a Charter Bus
For group travel, there’s simply nothing that compares to a charter bus. Here are some of the reasons why:
- A charter bus offers safety and security—We employ the best drivers in the world, and provide them with extensive and regular training, so that they are prepared for any contingency. In addition, because of the limited access to our coaches, you won’t have any unwanted guests on your bus—and you and your personal items will always be secure.
- Charter buses offer unparalleled reliability—Our coaches are carefully maintained, so mechanical problems are virtually nonexistent. We can also use cutting edge technology to identify and respond to potential roadway problems, so we’ll always get you where you want to be when you want to be there. Delays or cancellations rarely happen with a charter bus!
- You get to really be on vacation!!—Charter bus travel offers the most stress-free travel experience you’ll find anywhere. No looking at a map or GPS. You won’t have to fight traffic or try to find a p place to park. No worries about making or missing a connection. Never a concern about luggage or personal items getting lost. You won’t have to stand in a TSA line, and you’ll never have to take your shoes off, unless you just want to kick back, put your feet up and relax.
- You’ll have room (and the freedom) to move about—All our coaches have comfy seats and roomy aisles, so you’ll never be packed like a sardine into a tiny space. You’ll also find it easy to move up and down the aisles, and there will never be someone harassing you to make certain your seatbelt is fastened and your tray table put away!
- We don’t have a “bus mode”—You’ll never have to turn your devices off. In fact, most of our coaches have Wifi, as well as USB ports and charging stations. You can stay in touch with friends and family at all times.
- You won’t break the bank—A charter bus is the most cost-effective way to get from here to there and back. With the money you save, you can bring back great souvenirs of your Memorial Day in DC.
- Charter bus travel helps the planet—When a group of people together to Washington, DC, you reduce your carbon footprint.
Set Up Your Memorial Day Trip to DC with BusRental.com Today
The largest charter bus broker in the nation, US Coachways has been an industry leader and innovator for more than 30 years, providing quality coaches to more than 35,000 events every year. To learn more about your options or to get a quote, call 1-888-502-3458 to talk to one of our experienced agents.