We all love the holidays. They are a time of cheer, good food, family gatherings and celebration. During December, offices and clubs hold their annual holiday parties as well. Many social events include alcohol.
Unfortunately, holidays are notoriously the most dangerous times to travel on the road. According to a 2015 article in Yahoo! News, New Years always ranks in the top five as one of the year’s worst accident days. The National Safety Council reported that for the New Year’s holiday season between 2007 and 2011, approximately 42 percent of traffic fatalities involved drinking and driving. Also, New Year’s Day was more dangerous than New Year’s Eve.
Understandably you don’t want to miss out on the celebrations and one alternative is to put safety precautions into practice:
AAA posts the following holiday travel safety tips:
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smart phone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
Yet, how many of these precautions do you have to personally take when traveling by bus? None of them. Whether a charter bus, minibus, party bus or limousine, all of the above safety precautions are covered by professionals — and without any effort on your part. Statistics show that charter buses are the safest form of road transportation in the nation.
Sit back, relax and let your professional driver deliver your group safely and bring them home.
Plan Your Holiday Bus Trip Today
Booking bus travel is easy. Find out about available discounts. Reserve a bus charter online or call 1.888.502.3458.