Friends and Family…the Open Road…All Your Favorite Tunes
When you’re out on that Long and Winding Road with your best buds…if it’s time for you to Hit the Road, Jack… or if, baby, you were just Born to Run…there’s little that’s more fun on a bus trip anywhere than belting out your favorite songs. A sing-along can be even better when you’re meeting new folks on a bus trip…there’s no better way to break the ice and kindle some friendships than to share some of your favorite songs. And it seems like everybody had a favorite song, often one that reminds them of another great trip they took. Here are some that former BusRental.com patrons have told us will get them out of their seats and singing.
The Classic Songs
There are great bus songs that may or may not have anything to do with being on the road..they’re just cool songs to sing with a bunch of other people. Here are some of the ones we’ve heard the most.
- Sloop John B—The ultimate party song, with a hook that you’ll hum for days—”I feel so broke up, I wanna go home.” But you won’t—wanna go home, that is.
- Jesse’s Girl—Find a guy who hasn’t wanted Jesse’s girl..it’s the ultimate peon to unrequited love, and a rockin’ tune as well.
- We Didn’t Start The Fire—An infectious rhythm…and a lot of words…half the fun is trying to get the lyrics right. But you gotta love a song that has Peyton Place, Panmunjon, Boris Pasternak, and payola in it.
- Born To Be Wild—This song’ll “get your motor runnin’,” as you head out on the highway…air guitar is mandatory on Steppenwolf’s ode to the open road.
- Bohemian Rhapsody—Channel your best Wayne and Garth for this one…you won’t be just a poor boy from a poor family…
- Friends in Low Places—We all have friends in low places, and they’re usually the folks we want to hang out with on a bus! Garth know something about good times
- Brown-Eyed Girl—Do you remember when we used to sing? Of course you do…belt it out with Van– “bip bop bip bop bip bop bip bop bip bop be bop de bop!” (just like that)
- Margaritaville—A little tequila, a lime and Jimmy Buffett—no better way to get in a vacation state of mind
- We Will Rock You—Another Queen classic, this one will have everyone pounding their feet to its pulsing beat.
- Doo Wah Diddy—Everybody knows…and loves…this Manfred Mann ditty. It’s perfect for a little competitive call and response from opposite sides of the bus…I’m hers, she’s mine, I’m hers, she’s mine…
- Barbara Ann—You don’t really need to know more than one verse to croon this one for a while…Barb-Barb-Barb, Barb-Barba-Ran!!!
- YMCA—Wherever two or more people are gathered…someone will break out into YMCA. Careful with the hand movements on the bus, though—don’t want to poke your pal in the eye.
The Road Songs
Of course, there are some tunes that just make you think of the open road:
- King of the Road—Roger Miller’s testimonial to a life of leisure on the open road
- On The Road Again—Willie Nelson’s memorial to the joys of “makin’ music with my friends”
- Take Me Home, Country Roads—A good one for the ride home, but a great song to sing anytime
- City of New Orleans—Steve Goodman captures the feeling of crossing America—on a train, but it’s a familiar feeling on a bus.
Let Us Handle the Details While You Have Fun with Family and Friends
Wherever you’re headed, you don’t want to make your trip more work than fun. With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can join the singing while we take care of all the details. Here are some of the great reasons to travel by bus.
- Safety and security—Our drivers undergo rigorous training, so they are simply the best in the business. Another benefit of bus travel—there’s only one way on and off the bus, so you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Reliability—There’s virtually no such thing as a delay or cancellation with a bus. We will get you where you need to be when you need to be there.
- Flexibility—We don’t have a handful of prepackaged trips from which you’ll have to choose. You tell us where you want to go and what you want to do, and we will handle all the details, making certain your trip goes off without a hitch. In addition, we have a coach to fit any size of group.
- Bus travel is very affordable—There’s no other mode of travel that’s as reasonably priced as a charter bus rental.
- We have the perfect bus for your group—We have coaches of all sizes, so we’ll be able to provide you with the bus that best fits your needs.
Book Your Charter Bus Today
There’s no reason to wait another minute. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.