The Tales of the Turtles 400 at Chicagoland Speedway on September 17
Travel There in Comfort and Style in a Charter Bus from BusRental.com
It’s not clear if there will be any hares there, but the tortoises—well, turtles, actually—will be out in force at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, September 17, for 17th running of the race, now a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup stock car race sponsored by Nickelodeon through its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles program. Forty of the world’s premier drivers will attempt to complete 267 laps around the Joliet race track, with a 2 pm green flag. The speedway holds 55,000 and it’s expected to be a sellout. You don’t want to jockey for position with all those other drivers, or try to find parking. There’s a better way to get there and back—in a charter bus from BusRental.com. You can take in all the action with friends and family while we handle all the details.
NASCAR and Chicagoland—A Perfect Combination
The 1.5 mile track and facility in Joliet were completed in late 2000, just in time for a NASCAR Winston Cup Series race the following year. From the inaugural race in 2001 through 2004, Tropicana was the major sponsor. USG took over from 2005 through 2007, and Lifelock.com, GEICO and Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceutica have all been race sponsors. The relationship with Nickelodeon began last year.
For it first ten years, the race was held in July, including three years under the lights. In 2011, however, the race was moved to September and returned to a Sunday afternoon green flag.
Tony Stewart holds the record for most checkered flags at the event, with three, but many of the sport’s biggest names have also won here, including Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and Kyle Busch. Other multiple winners include Kevin Harwick (who won the first two years of the race) and Brad Keselowski, each with two. The Joe Gibbs Racing Team has won the most races, with five. The race has seen two extensions due to a NASCAR overtime finish, in 2006 and 2016, and has been postponed twice because of rain, in 2011 and again in 2013.
What You Can and Can’t Bring to the Race
If you haven’t been to Chicagoland Speedway before, here are some of the things you can and cannot bring into the race grounds:
- Items You Can Bring In
- Only soft-sided coolers and bags are allowed. Each fan may have one such cooler that is no larger than 6x6x12. You can have regular ice, but no dry ice. Any beverages that you bring in must be factory sealed.
- Empty souvenir or insulated cups, provided they hold no more than 24 fluid ounces.
- One soft-sided bag, up to 18x18x4. This can be a purse, fanny pack, camera bag, backpack, canvas tote bag or eco-friendly grocery bag. It will, however, be subject to a search.
- Cameras, binoculars, headsets and scanners
- Seat cushions, provided they have no frame components and no arms
- Strollers are allowed through the gates, but not in the seating areas
- Items You Cannot Bring In
- Hard-sided coolers
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- An open container with a beverage in it
- Non-prescription drugs
- Wagons, umbrellas, scooters, skateboards, hover boards, roller skates, bicycles, drones or other remote controlled devices
- Laser pointers
- Folding chairs
- Selfie sticks
- Clothing with obscene or offensive language
- Pets (other than service animals with disabled guests)
Take a Victory Lap after the Tales of the Turtles 400—On a Charter Bus!
It’s race day and it’s Chicago—you don’t want to be on the road, checking the map or looking for a place to park. Why not make it easy for you and your friends—book a charter bus from BusRental.com and let us handle all the details. Here are some of the many to choose a charter bus for all your travel needs:
- Charter buses are safe and secure—Our professionals are the Indy car drivers of the charter bus world, the best in the business. Additionally, the limited access to our coaches ensures that you and your personal items are safe and secure.
- Charter buses are reliable—We’ll have you at the track in plenty of time to catch every minute of the action. You won’t have to worry about delays and cancellations with a charter bus—they just don’t happen.
- Charter buses are the most economical way to travel—There’s no more affordable way to get from here to there. With the money you save, you can bring home some cherished mementos of the race.
- You’ll have room to move!—You won’t be crammed into a small space, like some other modes of travel. Instead, you’ll be able to relax in plush and comfortable seats or roam down the spacious aisles to hang out with friends.
- There’s a charter bus that’s just right for your group!—Large or small, your group will find a vehicle that’s ideal for your needs.
Book Your Charter Bus Today
There’s no reason to wait another minute. You can make your reservation online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.