Your Guide to Endless Entertainment in Chi-Town
From the boutiques and high-end emporiums on the Magnificent Mile to Georgia O’Keeffe and American Gothic at the Art Institute of Chicago…from historic Wrigley Field to some of the most famous blues clubs in the country…from outdoor music festivals in Grant Park to the Willis Tower to the old stomping grounds of Al Capone and John Dillinger…there’s no end to the interesting things you can see and do in Chicago. But it’s one of the three biggest cities in the nation, a city that never stops. Don’t turn a fun adventure into a lot of work. With a charter bus from BusRental.com, you can enjoy the Windy City with everyone else while we handle all the details.
Why a Charter Bus Is the Optimal Choice for Your Trip to Chicago
If you’ve traveled with a group before, you know that absolutely everything can go without a hitch at your destination, but people will forget all about that, if there are problems getting there and back. There’s really no need to take unnecessary risk. With a charter bus rental from BusRental.com, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- A high level of safety and security—On a charter bus, you’ll relax with a trained professional at the wheel. Our drivers all submit to a rigorous background check and must maintain a pristine driving record. In addition, there’s only one way on and off your bus—you won’t have to worry about unwanted guests, so you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Unmatched flexibility in your travel—There’s no other mode of transportation that lets you decide when you leave, when you stop, where you go, what you see, how long you stay and when you head home. Every charter bus trip is a one-of-a-kind, tailored to your needs and interests. Because of our access to a vast network of vendors nationwide, we can typically make last-minute and real-time changes with little difficulty, and even book entire trips with short notice.
- A highly reliable mode of travel—With other types of transportation, cancellations and delays are fairly commonplace. Consider air travel, where more than 800,000 people arrive late every day! That’s virtually unheard of with charter bus rentals. Your driver has access to the tools and technology to identify traffic problems in advance and find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, our extensive network of service providers makes it easier for us to find replacement vehicles, should you experience mechanical difficulties.
- The most comfortable way to travel—The seats on a charter bus are wide, with more leg room than any other mode of transportation. There’s no middle seat, either, so you won’t be bumping elbows the entire trip. The aisles are spacious and you don’t have to stay strapped in your seat for the entire ride.
- A low level of stress and responsibility—With other types of group travel, someone has to be in charge, making certain you get where you’re going and that you arrive on time. With a charter bus, your driver will handle those details. No worries about battling traffic or looking for a parking place, either. We’ll drop you off right where you need to be and pick you up there later. You won’t have to sprint to make a connection or worry about lost luggage—you’ll be on the same coach at all times and your bags will travel with you. There’s no TSA security checkpoint and you won’t have to put your phone on “bus mode”—you can stay connected at all times.
- Your bus can serve multiple purposes—It’s a great place to have a group meeting, to give last minute instructions, or to celebrate together. It can also be a quiet place for some down time in the middle of a busy trip.
- You can take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes—A recent study found Chicago to be the 3rd most congested city in the nation, in terms of traffic. The HOV lane can make your trip much more pleasant.
- It’s consistently one of the most affordable methods of group travel—On a charter bus, you’ll share the costs of many components of travel.
- You’ll go green with a charter bus—A charter bus takes a number of private vehicles off the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At BusRental.com, we have been leaders in the charter bus industry for more than three decades. Go to our convenient online cost calculator for a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus trip to Chicago. Call 1-866-569-2012 to talk with an experienced travel consultant.
Looking for a Great Place to Take a Group? Make It Chicago!
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a city anywhere that offers the diversity and unique experiences you’ll find in Chicago:
- The food—When you think of iconic foods, the Windy City’s always near the top of the list. For those amazing Chicago-style hot dogs, check out Portillo’s, Jimmy’s Red Hots or the Superdawg Drive-In. You want Chicago style deep dish pizza? Head over to Pequod’s or Bartoli’s, or get the Malnati Chicago Classic. Visit the city’s Little Italy neighborhood for the best Italian beef, pasta and cappuccino this side of the Atlantic. Stop in Humboldt Park for the jibarito, a Puerto Rican sandwich that uses sliced plantains in lieu of bread.
- The music—Many cities lay claim, but Chicago really is the home of the blues. Walk down North Halsted and stop in the Kingston Mines or B.L.U.E.S., or head over to South Wabash to catch Buddy Guy’s Legends. There’s music for every taste in Chicago, though, from the Jazz Showcase to the Old Town School of Folk Music (where John Prine got his start) to the Subterranean and the Hideout, two of the city’s legendary rock venues. Classical fans will also have plenty of options, from the Lyric Opera of Chicago to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra to the Chicago Chamber Choir.
- The art—One of the finest art museums in the world, the Art Institute of Chicago boasts 20 foot murals by Georgia O’Keeffe, Seurat’s A Sunday on La Grande Jatte, Picasso’s The Old Guitarist and Grant Wood’s American Gothic among its more than 300,000 pieces of art. The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago has hosted exhibitions of the works of Frida Kahlo and Jeff Koons, and has pieces by Warhol, Jasper Johns and Alexander Calder. There are also dozens of private art galleries, from the Richard Gray to the Rhona Hoffman Gallery to the Vertical Gallery.
- The festivals—Come just about any time of year and you’ll find a festival going on in the Windy City. Grant Park hosts annual blues, jazz and gospel festivals, all of which are free to the public. Taste of Chicago, at the beginning of June, lets you sample cuisine from some of the city’s best and most eclectic eateries. The Chicago Blues Festival, first held in 1981, brings in outstanding local and national acts. The Windy City Smokeout, in July, celebrates beer, BBQ and country music.
- The shopping—No trip to Chicago would be complete without a stroll down Michigan Avenue’s famed “Magnificent Mile,” home to just about any big name, high-end retailer you can imagine.
Let BusRental.com Help You Find the Right Coach
Choosing a charter bus rental is only the first step toward a great trip. It’s just as important that you pick the right coach for your trip and your group. When you work with BusRental.com, we’ll take the time to learn the details of your excursion—how many people are going, how long you’ll be on the road, what you need to bring and want to take home, and any special needs of your participants. Then we’ll go to our extensive network of charter bus service providers to find the coach that best meets your needs.
If you’re heading to Chicago with a small-to-mid-sized group, there’s the mini-bus, with seating for 24 to 35 passengers and lots of space for luggage and other personal items. If you’re going with a larger group, consider the full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57 people comfortably. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
Most charter buses come with modern amenities as standard features. That typically includes climate control, Wifi, DVD players, stereo/PA systems and charging stations for your devices. Additional conveniences, such as on-board bathrooms, can be found on a limited basis. The amenities vary from coach to coach, so confirm availability with your booking agent.
A Charter Bus—The Way to Travel for Any Occasion
The wide range of benefits offered by a charter bus rental make it a smart choice for any type of outing:
- Senior trips—Charter buses offer a new lease on life for many seniors. It’s perfect for excursions to a museum, Broadway show, casino, shopping trip, fall foliage tour or historical landmark.
- Family celebrations—A charter bus provides a great opportunity to catch up with loved ones while you travel. Use a charter bus to get family members to and from a wedding, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, reunion, graduation party, bar or bat mitzvah, birthday, anniversary or retirement affair.
- Business and company outings—With a charter bus, you can use your time on the road productively, holding meetings, briefing employees or building team spirit. Take your employees to a convention, conference, seminar, business meeting, training session, team-building exercise, golf outing or company party.
- School trips—There’s a greater responsibility when you’re taking students to and from an event. You’ll appreciate the safety and convenience of a charter bus, whether you’re traveling for athletic competition, arts and cultural events, class or club trips, or prom or graduation after-parties.
- Church outreach—A charter bus lets you direct your energy toward fellowship and mission, whether you’re doing community volunteer work, on a choir tour, taking youth out for an adventure or traveling some distance to provide disaster relief or other ministries.
- Special events—When you’re going to a once-in-a-lifetime event, you want lots of like-minded folks with you. A charter bus is the perfect way to catch a stadium concert, bowl game, professional or college sports event, motor car race, festival or public rally.
Book Your Charter Bus Excursion to the Windy City Today!
At BusRental.com, we have more than 30 years of experience providing effective transportation solutions to groups and group leaders across the country. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus trip to Chicago, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. For more information about the full range of services we offer, or to get answers to any of your questions about charter bus travel, call 1-866-569-2012 to speak with an experienced customer service agent.