It’s January—peak time to hit the slopes. If you live in New England or anywhere in the northeastern United States, you know there’s no need to get on a plane to find some of the best downhill skiing in the world. After a hard weekend on the slopes, though, the last thing you want to do is get behind the wheel and drive home. There’s an easier way—make the most out of your weekend by renting a charter bus. That way, there’s no limit to the fun you can have with family and friend. Our professionals will do all the driving, so that you can relax and make it a real vacation.
The Best Ski Resorts in the Northeastern United States
- Bretton Woods—Mount Washington, New Hampshire—With a 1,500 feet vertical rise and more than 460 acres, Bretton Woods is in an area weather professionals call an upslope snowbelt, so it gets more annual snowfall than other nearby resorts. There are 41 different trails—you can take Bode’s Run, a steep slope honoring New Hampshire native Bode Miller; or the local favorite—Granny’s Grit, an intermediate run with lots of bumps and rollers. After you take off your skis, visit Fabian’s Station or the Slopeside Pub for local craft beers.
- Killington Ski Resort—Killington, Vermont—Killington, known far and wide as “the beast of the east” of ski resorts, offers more than 1,500 acres with a vertical rise of 3,050 feet and more than 250 inches of annual snowfall. But it’s not just for the professionals—there’s an even distribution of all levels of runs, from the beginner’s slopes on Ramshead to the black trails on Killington Peak and Bear Mountain. There’s also a 500 foot superpipe with 18 foot walls!! When you’re done for the day, warm up with some caramel whiskey at the Ledgewood Yurt or quall a cold one at the Long Trail Brewing Company in nearby Bridgewater. You can also rent fat bikes and ride the cross country ski trails or the trails at nearby Killington Golf Course.
- Sugarloaf Mountain—Carrabassett Valley, Maine—Sugarloaf Mountain boasts 162 trails for skiers of all skill levels, spread out over more than 1,000 acres. There’s Tote Road, a family-friendly trail more than 15,000 feet from top to bottom. If you’re looking for a challenge, head for White Nitro or Powder Keg, the only above-the-tree-line skiing in New England. If you like glades, cliffs, and chutes, Brackett Basin and Burnt Mountain fill the bill. This is Maine, so you can expect fresh lobster at the resort hotel restaurant. For something a little more laid back, chill at the Widowmaker Lounge.
- Loon Mountain—Lincoln, New Hampshire—You’d be crazy not to go to Loon Mountain, just a stone’s throw from the hustle and bustle of Boston. If it’s a challenge you seek, go Mike’s Way for a tight run through the trees, particularly after a fresh snowfall. Double black Ripsaw will have you buzzing or you can visit the terrain park, with more than a mile of jumps and trails, as well as New Hampshire’s only superpipe. Quench your après-ski thirst at the Paul Bunyan Room or head over to downtown Lincoln for great eats at the Gypsy Café. To avoid the crowds, go to the South Peak instead of taking the gondola to the main mountain.
Take All the Hassle Out of a Ski Trip with a Charter Bus from BusRental.com
It doesn’t matter which one of these great resorts you choose—you’ll be out of the cities and in the mountains. Don’t make your drive there or home a nail-biter!! Let a professional take you everywhere you need to go. Here are some of the many reasons a charter bus is a great way to travel:
- It’s safe and secure—Our drivers undergo a rigorous training program to ensure your safety. The limited access to our coaches also helps keep you and your personal items secure.
- We’ll handle all the details—We’ll be the ones to check the map and watch the clock. We’ll get you where you want to go when you want to be there.
- A charter bus is reasonably priced—Our rates are far more affordable than other modes of ground transportation and you don’t have to worry about gas or parking expenses. With the money you save, you can have more fun on your ski trip.
- We have coaches to fit any sized group—Whether it’s just a few friends or a crowd, we have the diverse fleet to meet your needs.
The Ultimate Ski Trip—It’s All Downhill with a Charter Bus from BusRental.com
Reserve Your Vehicle Today
Book online, the fast and easy way. Call 1-888-502-3458 to reserve your vehicle.